You are not logged in. Please register or login.

evader
 Rep: 27 

Re: The General confirmed next

evader wrote:
James wrote:

There's no reason to even bother letting it surface now.

What if the song has been dramatically changed for official release? Some of us who've been waiting 20 years to hear this thing may be curious about its evolution. That's not necessarily a reason for the caretaker of the clip to let it surface, but it's a pretty good one for me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
evader wrote:
James wrote:

What if the song has been dramatically changed for official release? Some of us who've been waiting 20 years to hear this thing may be curious about its evolution. That's not necessarily a reason for the caretaker of the clip to let it surface, but it's a pretty good one for me.

Well when you look at it like that...leak away.

My point was we're about to get the real release and a full length version of the cell phone would be a terrible way to spoil it two minutes til midnight.

I'll be waiting to hear it after the real release.

Kinda crazy with your history of working on this that they never gave it to you just out of curiosity to see how much you could improve it.

AtariLegend wrote:

Hardskool/Absurd are radically different songs in their released state to the versions from yesteryear.

I'd be willing to bet the concensus (if we ever heard a 2002-2006 version) would be that it would be superior.

The modern Perhaps is growing on me, but I'm still not keen on that solo tbh.

Absurd I think is bad and HardSkool doesn't do it for me either.

evader

evader wrote:
James wrote:

Kinda crazy with your history of working on this that they never gave it to you just out of curiosity to see how much you could improve it.

Maybe they thought I got everything wrong. They wouldn't be the only one. Even my most trusted advisor thought I was losing my mind with some things I thought I heard in the clip (like Axl speaking before the screaming verse).

Anyway, the gatekeeper of the extended clip said there really wasn't much of the song that could be heard - suggesting that the rest of the file was worse than what we already have. If that's the case, I really don't know if I'd have the same patience with it as I had years ago. But if they feel like sending it to me, I'll be more than happy to evaluate it.

evader

evader wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Hardskool/Absurd are radically different songs in their released state to the versions from yesteryear.

I'd be willing to bet the concensus (if we ever heard a 2002-2006 version) would be that it would be superior.

The modern Perhaps is growing on me, but I'm still not keen on that solo tbh.

Absurd I think is bad and HardSkool doesn't do it for me either.

Agreed on all points. The beginnings of the Perhaps and HardSkool guitar solos actually sound reeeeaaaaalllly bad to my ears, and what they did to the entirety of Absurd just makes no sense to me at all.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Over time, I think Absurd may have become my favorite of the three. Has AFD GnR nastiness.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The opening to Evader’s Prostitute mix is superior to the actual recording. Allowing the piano and guitar to play before the vocals changes the whole dynamic and it does gif the November Rain meets Jungle description

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:
misterID wrote:

The opening to Evader’s Prostitute mix is superior to the actual recording. Allowing the piano and guitar to play before the vocals changes the whole dynamic and it does gif the November Rain meets Jungle description

Could you pm it to me please

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I agree the short clip was probably a trade bait clip. If we have never heard of there being a full clip untill now i guess that suggests that the full version was never traded sucsessfully as i think it would have leaked if it had been.

Another option is that it has even more people taking over it and background noise that make it useless so he just clipped out the parts that he thought sounded good, it's not like many people knew about AI and removing voices ect back then.

Anyway even if I started working on it now god knows how long it would take, whats the point when it's about to be released?

The only thing i'm interested in about it is weather it shows anything else that might have been played that night

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

evader wrote:
James wrote:

It probably has changed alot. I hope it's release encourages an eventual leak of older versions. It's the holy grail of unreleased songs for us. Unique in that we have heard parts of it and yet hard to pin down because of they way we have heard those parts.

I hope the drum loops have been kept in and not just replaced with real ones like from the heavy parts. The mixture of both works really well (like in IRS)

Board footer