You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events...

misterID wrote:

They’re both terrible. At this point, I think Biden is worse

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I’m confident Biden will have a primary.

It is my judgement that things settled down a peg since Biden came in…that is my opinion.

I don’t think Biden has catered much to the fringe left other than words. I think you’re potentially projecting.

But didn’t you just write that implementation of age limits would take responsibility away from the voter just like i did? At least we agree on that.

Based on a random sampling of your thoughts in the post…you’ve hated every president from Biden all the way back to Clinton.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m confident Biden will have a primary.

It is my judgement that things settled down a peg since Biden came in…that is my opinion.

I don’t think Biden has catered much to the fringe left other than words. I think you’re potentially projecting.

But didn’t you just write that implementation of age limits would take responsibility away from the voter just like i did? At least we agree on that.

Based on a random sampling of your thoughts in the post…you’ve hated every president from Biden all the way back to Clinton.

I liked Obama. He wasn’t great by any means, but he was charming and could’ve handled a post Trump era way better than Biden has. You could say he opened the door for Trump because he did play way into “us vs them” but I think the media enflamed that more. And I’m not sure he would’ve had such a shit administration either. He was a much better decision maker than Biden and less concerned with getting/stealing credit and shirking responsibility.

Again, the media really had a big influence on the division during the Trump years, and they’re not concentrated on Biden like they were him, so if it’s taken down a notch it’s because there’s not a daily onslaught of inflammatory bullshit — which Trump loved.

A lot of Biden’s attempts to push through a progressive agenda have been struck down by the courts.

misterID

misterID wrote:

https://x.com/foxnews/status/1709728774 … liw4ipdvVA

Guess they shouldn’t have sold off the wall construction supplies to gloat in the press

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Man deliberately crashes into police station while blasting Welcome to the Jungle

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2023/ … nar_google

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

https://x.com/foxnews/status/1709728774 … liw4ipdvVA

Guess they shouldn’t have sold off the wall construction supplies to gloat in the press

I just saw a news segment on this. Insanity.

I thought walls were evil and racist?

They'll just tear it down after the election. If they truly cared about wall building, it would already be there.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

If things have calmed down during the Biden administration it is because the news and various entertainment industries have dialed back on agitating the populace... during the Trump admin the news had people truly believing WW3 was imminent with Iran after Soleimani was killed, that a nuclear confrontation with North Korea was imminent due to tweets, that Trump was a Russian agent about to unleash a fascist dictatorship. I'm sure there are a bunch of other ones that are long forgotten now. The public was bombarded with scandal after scandal of life or death proportions... of course they wanted "normalcy." But what do you know, in the end... no new wars, Trump was not a Russian agent, didn't declare a dictatorship... and nothing happened.

Meanwhile we are now involved in a proxy war with Russia sending billions to Ukraine np... news doesn't try to agitate people with it. Inflation up like crazy... costs of energy, housing, etc way up. No real spotlight or criticism from the media so life goes on. & If there is negative press its not directed at the administration. If the Hawaii fire situation or Ukraine, etc happened under Trump...

Most people focus their attention on what the news chooses to spotlight and it can choose to spotlight things in a negative way or a positive way (or not spotlight certain topics at all) to agitate or calm the population respectively when it fits their needs. There is always "alternative" media and not everyone is "borged" but a surprising amount of people autopilot according to what media presents to them...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Great post, Jack

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

If things have calmed down during the Biden administration it is because the news and various entertainment industries have dialed back on agitating the populace... during the Trump admin the news had people truly believing WW3 was imminent with Iran after Soleimani was killed, that a nuclear confrontation with North Korea was imminent due to tweets, that Trump was a Russian agent about to unleash a fascist dictatorship. I'm sure there are a bunch of other ones that are long forgotten now. The public was bombarded with scandal after scandal of life or death proportions... of course they wanted "normalcy." But what do you know, in the end... no new wars, Trump was not a Russian agent, didn't declare a dictatorship... and nothing happened.

Meanwhile we are now involved in a proxy war with Russia sending billions to Ukraine np... news doesn't try to agitate people with it. Inflation up like crazy... costs of energy, housing, etc way up. No real spotlight or criticism from the media so life goes on. & If there is negative press its not directed at the administration. If the Hawaii fire situation or Ukraine, etc happened under Trump...

Most people focus their attention on what the news chooses to spotlight and it can choose to spotlight things in a negative way or a positive way (or not spotlight certain topics at all) to agitate or calm the population respectively when it fits their needs. There is always "alternative" media and not everyone is "borged" but a surprising amount of people autopilot according to what media presents to them...

This truly is a good post.

I can’t argue against anything you stated.

I will say this…Trump didn’t do himself any favors and i don’t feel sympathy for him in any way. His refusal to ever take the high road gave the media everything they ever wanted. They made him and they destroyed him. Trumps only qualification above and beyond other republican candidates is that he provided content for the media.

He throws people under the bus routinely. That makes for great reality tv.

Board footer