You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

Tmgladden wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Probably just hearing things.

I thought the same thing. When the Glastonbury one dropped I thought maybe it could be used as the intro to Absurd or something. But the end of this one reminds me of the outro of CD almost. It’s the faint horns to me at the end

Here is the one from months ago. I said at the time what i thought parts of it could be and i'm sure i was slated for it. They have posted another twitter video with the same audio as this today but it's shorter.

I just want this fucking song to come out asap and have it over with

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Is It possible that the music on that promotional video IS from the general?

Anything's possible.

I'm bored of the wait for this song already. This dripfeed approach is old and tired, especially when it's not leading to a bigger release of any sort.

If they had just released all the reworked songs as an EP, I think that would have satisfied us for a long time.

Yep...they ruined the anticipation for it with zero talk and the vinyl only thing...which caused the "Will they or won't they stream it or release it on CD?" to dominate the discussion...and they could've cleared it up with one sentence.

I just want the fucking thing out. They're gonna make the fan base just listen to vinyl rips when it's released...and I no longer think we're gonna get anything else...so let's get it over with.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

When the vinyl stops selling it will definitely go streaming. Why pass up free money.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

When the vinyl stops selling it will definitely go streaming. Why pass up free money.

Maybe...but why pass it up now?

Within days of its release no one will care. The time to strike was now.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Maybe...but why pass it up now?

Within days of its release no one will care. The time to strike was now.

Probably because the band makes legitimate margin on the vinyl and micro-pennies on the dollar for streaming.

Not saying anything they are doing is right but the band clearly has one motivating factor (and it isn’t artistry).

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yes probably something like that.

Still doesn't make any sense. People aren't suddenly going to buy the vinyl just because it's not on itunes. How many people even have a turn table? If you want the vinyl you are going to get it no matter what. All they're doing with this is to encourage pirating.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The vinyl release date is October 26/27. That's still 17 days from now. I would guess the streaming and other digital purchase versions will be available in late October. Releasing the digital version before the physical version doesn't make sense IMHO.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don’t understand why a band their size even needs to be on a record label at this point.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

This song being physical only isn't going to change he the sales of the Perhaps single vinyl. The band's lack of strategy with any of this is really disappointing but not surprising.

They should put it up on streaming. Thankfully, as long as there's no super slow shipping times, we should have a rip of the song by end of the month at the latest. Not long to wait now

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

This song being physical only isn't going to change he the sales of the Perhaps single vinyl. The band's lack of strategy with any of this is really disappointing but not surprising.

They should put it up on streaming. Thankfully, as long as there's no super slow shipping times, we should have a rip of the song by end of the month at the latest. Not long to wait now

The Perhaps single/video is already dead. Old news.

So is the Rolling Stones 'Angry'.

Guess what they did? They immediately moved on to the next song. By the time the General vinyl rip hits, Stones will be on their 3rd or 4th single.

Board footer