You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General confirmed next

Sky Dog wrote:

We all know it will be a complete mess….I literally don’t expect anything.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl is hand pressing them in his garage.

Couso
 Rep: 1 

Couso wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Axl is hand pressing them in his garage.

This made me laugh

This band

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It would be rather funny if the b-side of the most anticipated song was.....The cell phone clip!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It probably sold so few copies it's delayed hoping for a spike in sales that will never come and will eventually be shit canned.

The single is already dead anyways.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think it’s (the vinyl) selling reasonably well. Didn’t they have to do a second pressing? When I heard that, I bought it, and I don’t have anything to play it on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think it’s (the vinyl) selling reasonably well. Didn’t they have to do a second pressing? When I heard that, I bought it, and I don’t have anything to play it on.

According to the official site...which doesn't have a good track record with anything.

They could've said that in an attempt to boost sales.

All I know is this....

Every other major act who releases vinyl singles has them available within days...not months.

guts

guts wrote:

The US and UK shipping date for the vinyl is still the same.

If the 2007 version of the song is posted online, I'm sure as hell going to download it lol.

The vinyl still could be delayed.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It probably sold so few copies it's delayed hoping for a spike in sales that will never come and will eventually be shit canned.

The single is already dead anyways.

Jesus wept, will you stop playing Eeyore? Literally every development is greeted with you going "all is lost, the band is doomed, fuck everything."

They could announce a new album tomorrow with Adler and Izzy back in the mix, a sell-out headlining tour and a concert film that outsells Taylor Swift and you'd still be whinging.

busngabb

busngabb wrote:

I got forwarded this, presumably from another forum:

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-riman … 9kCe660psk

For those who cannot translate from Italian, it says that the 7" vinyl of "Perhaps" and thus "The General" will be postponed until a date to be determined, and "The General" will not be available for download load/streaming.

This is the same Italian page that had given the news about the postponement of "Perhaps."

Does anyone know anything about this?

I don't know if it is reliable.

Indefinite delay. That sounds like GNR smile

If this is all just to prevent it 'leaking' it's beyond pathetic. Why they feel they need to lockdown a song they're not even going to release digitally I don't know. It seems someone in the band still thinks it's 1996. Just let the vinyl ship to those that have ordered it, if there aren't many orders just release those that have ordered it. If there are loads more than they've pressed, release them on a first come first served basis. Just stop the endless messing around and attempts to control something that just doesn't need to be controlled.

Board footer