You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

Re: The General confirmed next

If u think about it... this song might be the last bit of hype this band will ever get .. (or album release) ...Buckethead coming back for a song or two on tour might build a buzz too... but neither of those things will happen anytime soon... I think they're just having fun with the social media fanbase. A sick kind of fun. What a weird way to announce the general btw. Like it was nothing. B side? I think Brian mantia, Tommy Stinson and a couple other people who heard the tune said it was a big gun.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

If u think about it... this song might be the last bit of hype this band will ever get .. (or album release) ...Buckethead coming back for a song or two on tour might build a buzz too... but neither of those things will happen anytime soon... I think they're just having fun with the social media fanbase. A sick kind of fun. What a weird way to announce the general btw. Like it was nothing. B side? I think Brian mantia, Tommy Stinson and a couple other people who heard the tune said it was a big gun.

Will it even be a big gun anymore? I could see them cutting the song down from a 7 min song to a 4 and half min song. I would not surprise  me if they took  an epic song and made it a short rocker.  Just look at how they cut out the intro to Hard School,  If the general has a long intro I could see them cutting it out.   Also any great guitar work by BH and Finck will be gone.   The general we hear wont be anything like the one Tommy and Baz talked about back in the day

Sky Dog wrote:

Who knows what they will do! It’s been a constant shit show with new music for 32 years!

They are still a really really good live band. It is what is now and likely won’t change. Acceptance…just accept it.

Phrozeninfuego

Sky Dog wrote:

They are still a really really good live band.

World class. I was blown away last month. I regret not seeing them more often when they were closer to me in Texas. I hope to see them again soon.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Live they are still very good, we have to accept it as they say above, tours, tours and tours, and the general; looking forward to listening to it because it is unreleased and at the same time aware that without buckethead and finck or any joke it will be magical,"yes It was that at some point!, but with slash: cuts, cuts and only little inspiration!

Phrozeninfuego

Is anyone else blown away by how axls vocals  slowly transition into guitar sounds near the ending? I'm sure it's been done before (Van Halen, why can't this be love) but it sounded fresh as hell

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

All I can tell in that clip is that at one point he’s talking

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Yes man, that's cool, I'm sorry, I'm exhausted! I'm processing it and listening to it in loop mode!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Instead of multiple discussions on the same thing...the leaks...let's keep that discussion in the General/Monsters thread and we'll use this one for any updates on the vinyl, shipping,streaming, etc.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

This is such a shit show.

Like it isn't hard to spend the money on the vinyl.

I know I'll be ordering Now And Then by the Beatles which ships next week.

Meanwhile, Guns N' Roses and the Pool boy management can't get their shit together.

Does anyone know if Hackney Diamonds is out on vinyl or if there is a delay?

Board footer