You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Bill Brasky wrote:

Monster is good,  the general is so bad lyrically.  What a disappointment.

I love Monsters. The General is growing on me. Monsters far more memorable though. I forget what The General sounds like as soon as it's over. But while I'm listening to The General, I do enjoy it.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:

I love Monsters. The General is growing on me. Monsters far more memorable though. I forget what The General sounds like as soon as it's over. But while I'm listening to The General, I do enjoy it.

The general could be good with a better mix, the vocal mix is all over the place

Monsters sounds really good, probably my favorite work by Slash on these CD left overs.  But I probably wouldnt like it as much if I had the BH or Finck stuff to compare it to ha ha

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

mister saint laurent wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:

Don't you kind of feel like there the same song split into 2 parts? That old tour intro is in both songs. Monsters is far better I agree.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Thanks to whoever leaked these 9 Monsters is definitely my favourite of the two.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Is anyone else triggered by Axls flat singing in Monster chorus ? Especially “over”

Surely that gets fixed ?

Are we sure this Slash and Duff on these tracks ? I sure as hell aren’t

Just gotta roll with the vocals at this point.

Thank God Monster is killer overall or I'd probably complain more... especially about the mix of these songs.

The General is ok. MSL just hit the nail on the head...not that great but ok when listening to it. 16

We won't be 100% on Slash/Duff until we hear it when it's released. While it definitely sounds like him, anything is possible. Bucket could mimick the guy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

General wouldve fit well before prostitute on CD...defo feel some BH structure in there and is Brain drumming on this one?

Monsters is pretty good track  I enjoy it, especially the Axl fast  falscetto vocal breakdown parts

Pretty sure I hear slash in parts ...but who knows

Did not expect this to leak nice to hear new gnr music

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

4IaNky.gif

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Not really catchy songs to dance to imo...lol

Also the general must be the sabbath type song Baz freaked out about way back when

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

The vocals on the heavy part of monsters are real close to his Angel down vocals tone wise. I think there probably from around 2006

thought the same. good catch

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Is anyone else triggered by Axls flat singing in Monster chorus ? Especially “over”

Surely that gets fixed ?

Are we sure this Slash and Duff on these tracks ? I sure as hell aren’t

Just gotta roll with the vocals at this point.

Thank God Monster is killer overall or I'd probably complain more... especially about the mix of these songs.

The General is ok. MSL just hit the nail on the head...not that great but ok when listening to it. 16

We won't be 100% on Slash/Duff until we hear it when it's released. While it definitely sounds like him, anything is possible. Bucket could mimick the guy.

The mix is terrible on certain parts of both songs. Hoping this is not the final mixed and mastered version

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Listening to the version of the song that put both songs  together
I do think the OG version has a longer intro and a middle section that connects the two songs

Board footer