You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Re: If GNR goes on hiatus, NuGuns should reunite

Clear wrote:

So 5 more years till 20th anniversary... How the time will fly

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:
younggunner wrote:

The problem with anything new gnr related is $$$. Writing credits and touring will all lead to the old lineup. To much red tape for new gnr to have a run in any capacity. The only thing I can maybe see is some sort of box set of the CD era that Slash and Duff sign off on and  throw Axl and company a bone. Even that can potentially undermine the current band if the versions with Bucket and Finck blow away the reworked songs.

Its time for Axl to move on from that era anyway since it doesn't have a future. Pick a few more songs for Slash to work on and release them. It's time to start focusing on new material with the current lineup.

Good point on how Slash/Duff have to sign off on everything.

Agree that it's time to move on. I think they're about to and that's why we're now getting these mythical songs.

They know which songs the fans have wanted for decades. One more batch would essentially wrap it up.

Do one more drip feed, have GNR management address the issue with hardcore fans telling them the CD saga is over and a new chapter has begun, and they'll see a lot of the negativity go away.

They don't have to release the rest of the material to please 99% of the hardcore base. Just the main songs.

Atlas
Oklahoma
Seven

Boom... Chinese over.

Just put all the extra CD left over songs that have vocals on the CD anniversary addition and then they can move on
its really simple

I dont think its that simple. It should be but when $$$ is involved, concessions need to be made and or negotiated.

James wrote:
younggunner wrote:

The problem with anything new gnr related is $$$. Writing credits and touring will all lead to the old lineup. To much red tape for new gnr to have a run in any capacity. The only thing I can maybe see is some sort of box set of the CD era that Slash and Duff sign off on and  throw Axl and company a bone. Even that can potentially undermine the current band if the versions with Bucket and Finck blow away the reworked songs.

Its time for Axl to move on from that era anyway since it doesn't have a future. Pick a few more songs for Slash to work on and release them. It's time to start focusing on new material with the current lineup.

Agree that it's time to move on. I think they're about to and that's why we're now getting these mythical songs.

They know which songs the fans have wanted for decades. One more batch would essentially wrap it up.

Do one more drip feed, have GNR management address the issue with hardcore fans telling them the CD saga is over and a new chapter has begun, and they'll see a lot of the negativity go away.

They don't have to release the rest of the material to please 99% of the hardcore base. Just the main songs.

Atlas
Oklahoma
Seven

Boom... Chinese over.

agreed.

Compile all the new songs and a couple more and release it as an album. No promo is necessary. They are all taking a break after this tour doing their own thing.  Solid holdover until the next fresh album which will take a few yrs to make and promote.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash and Duff would make money on a CD reissue because their versions would be on there too. Everyone wins

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think we're getting a Chinese anniversary edition/box set.

While they do release Chinese leftovers and perform some CD songs live, they are not promoted as such.

It's as if new GNR didn't exist.

All promotion and merch has to revolve around this....

guns-n-roses-2023-tour-dates-article.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-2.25.25-PM-750x433.png

GNR_Web_588x588_v2-8431650530.jpg

While they do have various city themed lithographs, everything revolves around the above logos/banners.

It doesn't compute with this....

GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

They don't even sell new GNR/Chinese themed merch anymore.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
younggunner wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Atlas
Oklahoma
Seven

Boom... Chinese over.

Just put all the extra CD left over songs that have vocals on the CD anniversary addition and then they can move on
its really simple

I dont think its that simple. It should be but when $$$ is involved, concessions need to be made and or negotiated.

James wrote:
younggunner wrote:

Atlas
Oklahoma
Seven

Boom... Chinese over.

agreed.

Compile all the new songs and a couple more and release it as an album. No promo is necessary. They are all taking a break after this tour doing their own thing.  Solid holdover until the next fresh album which will take a few yrs to make and promote.

yeah
Axl should just do a solo album and put it on that

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Which is a shame. I rather liked some of the circa 2000/2002 merchandise.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Which is a shame. I rather liked some of the circa 2000/2002 merchandise.

I really love this one...

convert?rotate=exif&format=jpg&quality=90&fit=max&w=1400&h=1400

This too...

20010101ad.jpg

ClaudeF wrote:

If Axl, Duff, and Slash do separate for a bit, crazy as it sounds, the coolest thing would be for various NuGuns members to reunite for a tour of their own.

And do some unreleased stuff that they are personally proudest of.

It don’t really matter (See what I did there?) who is involved but some of these guys who we have come to appreciate in an all new way since the leaks deserve the acclaim.

Pitman in particular was there from the start. Bucket and Brain were a partnership even outside of GNR. Bumble is just an wonderful guy with great stage presence. He also seems friendly enough and dedicated to his craft enough to get along well with Bucket, personally and professionally. Tommy on bass.

It could be all instrumental and still be an amazing night of music.

Awesome idea. Nugnr should reunite. Axl should release Chinese Democracy 2 and Chinese Democracy 3 albums with nugnr. Imagine Perhaps with Robin being an official single and music video. Imagine Hard Skool with Bucket and Robin being the next single with music video. And imagine The General and Monsters with Bucket and Robin as the third single with music videos. Imagine Robin performing This I Love for the first time on stage with Axl. Imagine Robin performing Perhaps live. And imagine Robin and Bucket doing Hard Skool together live on stage in front of the whole wide world. It would be heaven and would produce some of the greatest rock concerts ever! Nugnr reuniting for Chinese Democracy starts now!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think if anything happens for any anniversary of CD it's going to be Slash and Duff rerecording the CD songs they do live. And I doubt that will happen. OR live cuts of the CD songs released maybe.

Mind you I would take a studio version of TIL with Slash doing the solo and the 'scream vocals' that were used in the brain version leak. But I dont think i'm that lucky lol.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Hard Skool
Absurd
Perhaps
The General
Monsters
Atlas Shrugged
Seven
Oklahoma
Updated Oh My God

Get the outstanding stuff in that list out and you've basically released most of a "CD2". If they want to be extra generous then get out whatever Quick Song became and a handful of othera and you have an albums worth of tracks.

Board footer