You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Haters

sp1at wrote:
Derko wrote:

CD is too...fat

In a peculiar way, that is a good word. As I've always said, it represents the years that were spent working on it, all the personnel and the eras it bypassed.

I like it as a record, but it is not your typical natural sounding record, and it's good in a dysfunctional sort of way. We all know it's history so it's a different listen from our perspective, whether u like it or not

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I wanted to know something....I'm Italian and here there are some forums where some people say that CHINESE DEMOCRACY is a bad record. I get pissed off because it's a great record. If you listen to it it's a great record. In my opinion Anyone who says it's bad doesn't understand much.
What do you think?

I think everywhere for the casual media and fans is as you said.
I like It so much. I think is totally underrated and many songs fit perfectly in the classic GNR catalogue. CD, Better, SR, Streets of Dreams, Catcher, Prostitute, IRS... Great songs.
What happens to people? They listen It as a Axl solo proyect using GNR brand. Second, the sound mixes nu metal, industrial rock, synths and electronic elements. Even Axl voice is cleaner with less rasp than other albums.... So people/media receive It like a non GNR album and not good enough.
For me sure is worse than AFD or UYI albums but still a great job.
Better mixes and maybe a different election of songs had would improve It.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I wanted to know something....I'm Italian and here there are some forums where some people say that CHINESE DEMOCRACY is a bad record. I get pissed off because it's a great record. If you listen to it it's a great record. In my opinion Anyone who says it's bad doesn't understand much.
What do you think?

It's all subjective. There is no definitive bad or good with music. I mean I hate for example The Backstreet Boys, but to someone somewhere that's like Mozart. I don't get pissed at them for thinking it, people should like what they like.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

People keep blaming Caram, but this was obviously the sound Axl wants. He loves the tin can sound for whatever reason because he keeps doing it

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

CD is the only album I can think of where every track sound worse than the demos. The Blues used to be a great song, a fan favorite across the board, and Madagascar too, used to be a huge song. Both were ruined on Chinese Democracy.

2 hour old coffee is what this album feels like.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I still think that what we got in 06 were actually the Andy Wallace mixes

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

polluxlm wrote:

CD is the only album I can think of where every track sound worse than the demos. The Blues used to be a great song, a fan favorite across the board, and Madagascar too, used to be a huge song. Both were ruined on Chinese Democracy.

No doubt. There are songs quite worse than the demos and all is for final mixes and contributions.
CD, Prostitute, Maddy, IRS, the blues... Even CITR ... Some more than others but i think a different mix would improve them. CD and Prostitute are good examples. And without previous demo, This I Love would sounded better with more agressive guitars in the chorus like in NR.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

And look at how they ruined CITR as well.  That is one of the worst offenses

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

polluxlm wrote:

I agree with this however it's also the only album where i like most of the songs so much that i even care about the demo's. I listened to Countdown To Extinction the other day, i love that album but not so much that i would ever trawl through places trying to find demo's or unreleased mixes.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Bucket leaving really hurt that album. Putting Ron in there gave him the excuse to keep fucking with it. Did If The World really need that little tin can effect?

Board footer