You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: The General and Monsters

sp1at wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I'm just throwing that in there for discussion. Twas on the net.

Prior to all the lawsuit stuff, the latest from GN'R was all positive. There is new, the beginnings of new GN'R material that is not related to CD, there. There was also wording that some historic older material was possible. Slash is expecting this later next year. I asked though about his previous assertions that there was an album for all the post CD material that had been release, and there was no response. So, I don't know.

Interesting. What exactly is Slash expecting later next year? Them to start working on new material or a release of older material?

Or the "historic older material" is in relation to the new material they're supposed to start working on, e.g. it has to do with completing pre-NuGnR material from the mid-90s?

Slash said, they have new songs, and he's hoping for a GN'R album late next year, and they have also worked on older songs, no details on that. Separately, on another day maybe a month later, he was asked about his comments album releasing an album with the current songs, and that received no comment.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I'm just throwing that in there for discussion. Twas on the net.

Prior to all the lawsuit stuff, the latest from GN'R was all positive. There is new, the beginnings of new GN'R material that is not related to CD, there. There was also wording that some historic older material was possible. Slash is expecting this later next year. I asked though about his previous assertions that there was an album for all the post CD material that had been release, and there was no response. So, I don't know.

Interesting. What exactly is Slash expecting later next year? Them to start working on new material or a release of older material?

Or the "historic older material" is in relation to the new material they're supposed to start working on, e.g. it has to do with completing pre-NuGnR material from the mid-90s?

Slash said, they have new songs, and he's hoping for a GN'R album late next year, and they have also worked on older songs, no details on that. Separately, on another day maybe a month later, he was asked about his comments album releasing an album with the current songs, and that received no comment.

Thanks. Interesting. I guess the key word is "hoping".

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

sp1at wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Separately, on another day maybe a month later, he was asked about his comments album releasing an album with the current songs, and that received no comment.

Regarding when he was asked about that, and gave no comment. Was that after the current lawsuits were known about publicly?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

didok1985 wrote:

Well I didnt get to hear the last version of the general but I had my expectations to it to sound a bit close to the live version.

Last version? Is there a 2nd version of TG out there?

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

"New songs" might not mean completed songs. In 1996 they would say stuff like "we have 8 songs", and we later learn Axl never sang on any of them. Wouldn't get my hopes up until it's confirmed Axl has written new lyriics.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jagged Little Pill was released in 95 and CD was  released in 2008. Completely different worlds. Rock bands are lucky to sell 100k copies today

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

The more I see this “General” clip from the Hollywood Bowl, the more convinced I am that they wanna utilize some of the footage for a video for the song. Slash, who at first I thought was just rocking out, uses a whole lot of exaggerated movements in it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jaxlmorrison2 wrote:

The more I see this “General” clip from the Hollywood Bowl, the more convinced I am that they wanna utilize some of the footage for a video for the song. Slash, who at first I thought was just rocking out, uses a whole lot of exaggerated movements in it.

Seems very possible. Another Perhaps style video.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jagged Little Pill was released in 95 and CD was  released in 2008. Completely different worlds.

God take me back to 1995.

Pretty please...with a cherry on top.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Separately, on another day maybe a month later, he was asked about his comments album releasing an album with the current songs, and that received no comment.

Regarding when he was asked about that, and gave no comment. Was that after the current lawsuits were known about publicly?

Before

Board footer