You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The General and Monsters

misterID wrote:

I liked it 16

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Rolling Stone just picked it up…

When it happens aka we don’t have a clue and amateur hour with Team Brazil.

No mention of Axl’s lawsuit in the article

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … 234920361/

Guns N’ Roses Unleash Slow-Building Rock Single ‘The General’
The gritty song is the band's second release of 2023

BY EMILY ZEMLER
DECEMBER 8, 2023

GUNS N’ ROSES have released a new single, “The General.” The slow-building, guitar-led song marks the rock band’s second track of 2023 following “Perhaps,” which dropped in August.

Last month, Guns N’ Roses debuted “The General” live during their two-night stand at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Bowl. The song has been floating around for years. In 2007, Sebastian Bach spoke about the track in an interview, saying, “It’s by far the heaviest metal tune I think I’ve ever heard Axl [Rose] do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals.”

Like “The General,” “Perhaps” dates back to the rock band’s Chinese Democracy sessions. The summer single marked Guns N’ Roses’ first “new” music since the 2021 singles “Hard Skool” and “Absurd,” another pair of Chinese Democracy-era outtakes that were updated by the band’s current, semi-reunited lineup.

Back in 2019, bassist Duff McKagan hinted that GN’R were at work on their first album together since 1993’s The Spaghetti Incident?

“Oh, it’s real, but the fun part and the cool part about Guns N’ Roses is we don’t really talk about it, and what happens next just happens,” McKagan said of a new album. “It’s never been that band that there’s a direct schedule of how we do things. I’ve heard some magnificent stuff that Axl has, really cool stuff he’s been working on. So I’m excited about the possibilities with that, of course. I don’t mean to get anybody rabid. Our day will happen when it happens, that’s for sure.”

Slash previously stated, “Axl, Duff, myself and Richard [Fortus] have all talked about [it]… there’s material and stuff going on already for a new record. It’s just, with Guns N’ Roses, you don’t go, ‘Oh, there is a plan, and it’s gonna be like this,’ because that’s not how it works. So, basically, the only real answer to give is we’re hoping to put a new record out, and we’ll just see what happens when it happens.”

Guns N’ Roses spent the summer and fall on a massive headlining tour, which included stops at Glastonbury, the Hollywood Bowl, and London’s Hyde Park. The band also performed at Power Trip in Indio, California with AC/DC and Metallica.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

It's like that CM Punk (I think) quote on WWE.... "The problem is that everything there could be SO MUCH better and it isn't."
Like, THIS is the mix we stuck with? THIS is how we wanted those vocals produced? THESE are the ONLY songs you put out?

*Shrug*

It's GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wouldn’t expect A lot of attention about the lawsuit. There were a slew of dubious lawsuits against high profile people to get in before the deadline to sue, and she’s not someone the media is going coalesce around, tbh. And no one gives a fuck about Fernando.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

It's not bad but i don't like the final mix and prefer Monsters.
Anyway... It's GNR

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

Is there any news about a digital release of Monsters?

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:
benny wrote:

Nope, today came out only "The General", there is no new information about "Monsters", we only have the leaked file of the song. Although I think we should wait until at least 2024 for its release, but I can not say in what period, if all goes well from next summer onwards.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Got the notification of my vinyl shipping today. What a coincidence!

Anyone know if it’s getting any radio play?

carlossacanell

furly06 wrote:
benny wrote:

Nope, today came out only "The General", there is no new information about "Monsters", we only have the leaked file of the song. Although I think we should wait until at least 2024 for its release, but I can not say in what period, if all goes well from next summer onwards.

Yes, i agree. 2024. Probably with Atlas or State of Grace.

carlossacanell

FlashFlood wrote:

Got the notification of my vinyl shipping today. What a coincidence!

Anyone know if it’s getting any radio play?

Don't think so. TG is not radio friendly at all

Board footer