You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: Duff writes new Civil War for GNR: "Amen"

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

All due respect to Duff, but it's a long bow to draw to suggest he has it in his locker to write something of the calibre of 'Civil War'...

Have you ever read the writing credits or backstory of the song? He wrote the “black armband” part.

In your defense he also wrote So Fine.

So Fine has cool vocal melodies.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

This is a very good news. They should create new music oriented to the classic GNR because is what the fans really want.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

All due respect to Duff, but it's a long bow to draw to suggest he has it in his locker to write something of the calibre of 'Civil War'...

Have you ever read the writing credits or backstory of the song? He wrote the “black armband” part.

In your defense he also wrote So Fine.

Fair enough re Civil War. Thats a good part.

I actually don't mind So Fine to be fair. Certainly nowhere near the worst off the Illusions albums.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

So fine is a great song in my opinion

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I loved So Fine back in the day.

Duff: So I wrote a song called “Amen” and I sent it to Slash, and I said, “This is a Guns song. This is a Civil War, this is a new Civil War type of song.” Civil War is a Guns N’ Roses song-

I'm not falling for this again.

They will forever be unable to hype me up for new material. All the patented GNR hype that used to almost be part of their "brand" was squandered on CD.

Either record it and release it or don't.

Don't tell me....show me.

misterID wrote:

One of Axl’s complaints was that he was the sole songwriter in the new lineup so this could be a good thing

Yeah...and it shows.

Edit

One more thing....Civil War is peak level GNR.

You telling me that a 60 year old Duff Mckagan is currently creating peak level GNR material? 18

They think we're dopes....

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

I'm not falling for this again.

They will forever be unable to hype me up for new material. All the patented GNR hype that used to almost be part of their "brand" was squandered on CD.

Either record it and release it or don't.

Don't tell me....show me.

This...
We will probably hear it as a Duff solo track at some point in the next few years

Sky Dog wrote:

Please…I think Duff only wrote one line in Civil War. 

After Lies was released, people were saying they could be the next Rolling Stones. Civil War comes out and it was more they could be the next Led Zeppelin.

Then, they drop the Illusions and clearly went more towards Zeppelin with multiple epic tracks.

Those were the days….now we try to dissect the meaning behind what  ….oh, nevermind.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Those were definitely the days. Everything since then has been Duke Nukem Forever.

Board footer