You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2024 “Taking Off”

Sky Dog wrote:

I assume you mean Apple made a mistake. No way Izzy had anything to do with Chinese.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Maybe Apple is making the common error of mistaking Richard for Izzy!

Sky Dog wrote:

Good one….that may draw James out of the woodwork!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Man... we're in for a long year.

The General/Monsters buzz dead and buried and there's nothing to look forward to.

Unlike previous silent years, there's no rumors or speculation to keep the house of cards propped up.

Yeah there's solo crap but that doesn't interest me.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The reunion gave Axl the excuse to stop pretending. He's not interested in his career or making music anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. Best he can do is sign off on some microwaved chinese leftovers from Slash & Duff. Other than that he's got nothing going. Just turn up for the gig, do some Vince Neil and cash the check.

I've decided that GN'R fans aren't expecting new music as much as they are expecting them just to act like a real band again. What's up, what's going on, we're going to be doing this etc. It's like going to wall mart and just sitting outside hoping they'll open up. No lights in the building, no sign on the door, just some old twinkies mashed out in the parking lot.

When they stop touring we'll never hear from him again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's not just Axl though...they're all in on the con. If ticket sales hadn't nosedived twice, we wouldn't have got any Chinese leftovers.

We may not get any more.

2025-27 will not require any singles. Its the anniversary of everything that matters to them....the band and AFD. They can coast to the finish line celebrating AFD.

Even during the Chinese years, we were never allowed to get away from it. There's even an old logo plastered in The General video.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The reunion gave Axl the excuse to stop pretending. He's not interested in his career or making music anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. Best he can do is sign off on some microwaved chinese leftovers from Slash & Duff. Other than that he's got nothing going. Just turn up for the gig, do some Vince Neil and cash the check.

I've decided that GN'R fans aren't expecting new music as much as they are expecting them just to act like a real band again. What's up, what's going on, we're going to be doing this etc. It's like going to wall mart and just sitting outside hoping they'll open up. No lights in the building, no sign on the door, just some old twinkies mashed out in the parking lot.

When they stop touring we'll never hear from him again.

Dude lost his muse a long time ago (somewhere in the 2000s I'd say).  And he isn't even interested in doing a simple singing on a song if the other guys did all the other stuff and all he had to do was show up and sing.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They're in on it, but this is Axl's party. Has been since 1992. As much as I love the guy for his talent, he's the worst band leader ever. The emperor without any clothes. At least Slash & Duff have been out there doing stuff, making music. Axl is just sitting on his pile of gold like Smaug. 

I'll say it, we were better off in the darkest days of the CD era. Reunion has ruined the band and it has ruined them. Looking back at the total debacle that was 2002 and it's like a golden age compared to what they're serving up now. That's why Axl shows up on time, he's just phoning it in. No need to get in the moment anymore. And the production on the CD leftovers is laughable. He doesn't care about anything. Slash & Duff too, keeping their mouths shut, tiptoeing around as if they are working for Caligula. Pathetic.

Izzy called it back in 2001 when he said the only thing that could motivate Axl to do a reunion was money.

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:

Atlas/Monsters vinyl
Spot shows.

Just remember when you think you know what Axl rose is doing you're usually wrong.

For this to get very interesting would only require Axl doing vocals for few days.

Remember the rumor of a ep called Night train ?
You got potentially
1.absurd
2.hardschool
3.perhaps
4.the general
5.atlas
6.monsters.
Hypothetically
7.omg
8.seven/berlin/4 heavens

Remember Axl gets his publishing rights back from Sanctuary in 2025.

Guns N's Roses owes umg 1 more record. So wouldn't them doing a release in the fall and Axl gets all his publishing rights back in 2025 make sense.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

Even during the Chinese years, we were never allowed to get away from it. There's even an old logo plastered in The General video.

This seems weirdly nitpicky. Most bands have one iconic logo that they're associated with; when they hit their legacy years they revive it if they went through variations over the years. Pretty much all Beatles releases use the "drop T" logo (which never actually showed up on their releases in the 60s, but was knocked up for Ringo's drum kit), pretty much all the Oasis releases use the one from Definitely Maybe etc.

Board footer