You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: New Slash Solo album in 2024

Scabbie wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Clink involved means we get the badass Slash tone back.

I really hope so, his tone doesn't seem anywhere near what it used to be

Is that a conscious decision?

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Scabbie wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Clink involved means we get the badass Slash tone back.

I'm not sure but I put on the 2nd snakepit album last week and it was like "wow! Where did this sound go"" looking forward to this album more than anything he's done for ages though. Wonder if Adler might get a song or two

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I'm not sure but I put on the 2nd snakepit album last week and it was like "wow! Where did this sound go"" looking forward to this album more than anything he's done for ages though. Wonder if Adler might get a song or two

I should give that album another chance.

I heard it 20+ years ago and hated it. First Snakepit album blows it completely out of the water.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Snakepit 2 was an acquired taste to me, because Snakepit 1 was one of my favourite albums ever. So initially I was sort of disappointed because it's so different. However it grows on you. There's a real funky kinda jazzy vibe with it in places, and some very good bluesy slash playing. But its less GNR sounding than Snakepit1 which instrumentally is a defaco afd style album to me so when it first came out it kinda threw me a little.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Blackstar mentioned the Clink thing elsewhere. I cant of the top of my head remember here source but she is pretty dam reliable

According to Wikipedia Slash recorded his guitar parts for that Barbie song with Mike Clink: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Just_Ken

Quite possible it was something they did on the side while recording something proper...

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Vale wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Blackstar mentioned the Clink thing elsewhere. I cant of the top of my head remember here source but she is pretty dam reliable

According to Wikipedia Slash recorded his guitar parts for that Barbie song with Mike Clink: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Just_Ken

Quite possible it was something they did on the side while recording something proper...

I think that's likely. I cant think why he would have him involved just for one song for a soundtrack that he only plays a solo on & it be just that.

it's guess work but I wonder if he has suggested him to Axl for something and maybe used his solo stuff as attempt to reach out to the guy again. Still find it hard to believe there will ever be a new album though.

I would be surprised if Mellissa sings on one of the songs off this Slash album.

nugdafied wrote:

Just read Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes will be covering Steppenwolf's "The Pusher" for this album.

I'm assuming it will be excellent.

nugdafied wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Just read Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes will be covering Steppenwolf's "The Pusher" for this album.

I'm assuming it will be excellent.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-an … ed-3599078

Looks like the entire album lineup has been announced.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Edit

Sky Dog wrote:

Just watched the video for Killing Floor…..man, shocked how good Slash’s solo is…..maybe my favorite Slash rip since Always On The Run back in the day….awesome. The whole band is tight as well….very impressed.

Board footer