You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Sky Dog wrote:

And we have a finished Monsters….why would you care what platform it is on?

Atlas is different because we only have the original demo/mix. So, maybe we get lucky with that, but I seriously doubt it with no tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep...it's obvious nothing is happening in 2024.

Fans better pray for a leak because otherwise...nada.

I'm with sky dog on that subject...I don't get the interest in a Monsters release. We already have the song and we also know that the mix/master will be identical to what we already have.

If you're gonna wish for something...go big or go home....

Oklahoma or Seven leak

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I'm not sure he ever actually laid down vocals on Oklahoma. Yes they were going to play it at HOB 2001 but as far as we know the "bitch like you" version of Silkworms from 2001 never received a studio recording, so it's possible it was never actually completed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like them released officially so I can add them to my Spotify playlists without stuffing around with local files etc.

But yeah, this year is done for - slash is finishing up the 4 Album world tour now, and then releasing his blues album after that, and doing his serpent festival until at least late Aug.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a second leg at some stage either.

Best we can hope for is some working behind the scenes via email or on breaks to record new GNR stuff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I got the feeling Oklahoma most likely had lyrics before music

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I like them released officially so I can add them to my Spotify playlists without stuffing around with local files etc.

But yeah, this year is done for - slash is finishing up the 4 Album world tour now, and then releasing his blues album after that, and doing his serpent festival until at least late Aug.

Best we can hope for is some working behind the scenes via email or on breaks to record new GNR stuff.

The fact that Slash and Myles are still touring 4 is almost worse than NITL (almost).

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The fact that Slash and Myles are still touring 4 is almost worse than NITL (almost).

I don’t think it compares at all. SMKC toured most places after 4 was first released, but missed a lot of places too (like Australia), so it’s not as though they were going through the same places all over again (like NITL).

Hence why this tour is actually called “Rest of the World” tour.

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

No chance in hell they will be working behind the scenes on new stuff!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's almost an achievement for Axl to not do anything productive in all his time off. Does he not get sick of sitting in his house ordering take out? Slash goes on tour because he's got nothing better to do, Duff got his family, so what is Axl doing? He's got a housekeeper, pool guys and whatever to do all that shit the rest of us have to do. There's no wife to order him around, and I can't imagine him on a business schedule so I suppose he mostly lounges around the home all day?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It's almost an achievement for Axl to not do anything productive in all his time off. Does he not get sick of sitting in his house ordering take out? Slash goes on tour because he's got nothing better to do, Duff got his family, so what is Axl doing? He's got a housekeeper, pool guys and whatever to do all that shit the rest of us have to do. There's no wife to order him around, and I can't imagine him on a business schedule so I suppose he mostly lounges around the home all day?

I was wandering the same thing the other day.

I think he's putting the final touches to his autobiorgraphy, the chinese democracy boxset and the the movie soundtrack he is scoring.

Board footer