You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bassist Rob De Luca talks about CD

Sky Dog wrote:

actually.....Axl said the big guns were being held back and that the songs that were being played weren't being considered as singles. Those are direct quotes from 2002. Fast forward to the leaks of 2006, Axl says his favorite tracks are better, twat, and the blues.....NEVER SAID THEY WERE BEING CONSIDERED AS SINGLES.

and ps, your MIA thing is going a bit far when you start saying they shit all over something like Better or even Chinese Democracy and TWAT. She is a cool, hip eclectic critic darling, but she has done nothing that "shits" on anything Axl Rose related. Axl will "shit" out her total record sales on all her albums within a week of a CD release.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

actually.....Axl said the big guns were being held back and that the songs that were being played weren't being considered as singles. Those are direct quotes from 2002. Fast forward to the leaks of 2006, Axl says his favorite tracks are better, twat, and the blues.....NEVER SAID THEY WERE BEING CONSIDERED AS SINGLES.

and ps, your MIA thing is going a bit far when you start saying they shit all over something like Better or even Chinese Democracy and TWAT. She is a cool, hip eclectic critic darling, but she has done nothing that "shits" on anything Axl Rose related. Axl will "shit" out her total record sales on all her albums within a week of a CD release.

Yeah, she'll never come close to topping those fresh beats littered through the CD tracks.....and as far as songwriting goes, she can hold her own against Axl any day of the week.

I don't factor in album sales when listening to music I like. Death Angel's Act III is one of the best albums from the early 90's, yet only a handful have heard it.

I never said anything about those tracks being singles. Thats not the point. When for ten years tracks like TWAT, IRS,etc. are considered amazing, different,etc. and then you hear them and they are not, does it make you wonder about the unheard songs as well?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think it's awesome that we get to hang out here with so many people that are passionate about the music they like and what they don't like.  I've been exposed to some pretty cool stuff I never would have heard otherwise, so please keep the musical taste disagreements coming...we're all better for it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Yes, James, I do wonder about the other tracks, but I think the songs and the basic structure are very good. Unfortunately, the production is terrible-especially the lame beats. There is a reason the record wasn't released in 2002, and I hope to hell it was production and mixing issues. In the end, artists play tracks live ALL THE TIME that aren't on the final album. I am a huge Radiohead fan, and they have done it their entire career. Neil Young does it all the time, the list is endless. To assume what you have heard is the album is simply ignorant because there is no album until a tracklist is finalized, announced, and mass produced. There is just "as Baz says" 4 albums of completed material...just a bunch of songs. I am not talking specifically to you now James, but to everyone and anyone who seems to think we have heard half the album. New management, a ton of recorded music, ongoing dealings with the label.....this thing could go a thousand different directions.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm sure he would much rather talk about his own material than about GnR...and i'm sure that he may not wanna let on too much as its not his place to divulge info about it

I'd say it's better to hear people say the songs are amazing rather then it sucks.   I would much rather judge it for myself and how I myself feels about it, god knows when we will all get the opportunity these folks have had.

Board footer