You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy2
 Rep: 0 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

jonesy2 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Welcome back Jonesy!

Its been a while, where ya been? wink

Hey there dude,

I've been watching and waiting in an obsessive silent sort of way...

Just had to post my thoughts after hearing these. to tell you the truth, I just cant get my head round them at the mo.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
jonesy2 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Welcome back Jonesy!

Its been a while, where ya been? wink

Hey there dude,

I've been watching and waiting in an obsessive silent sort of way...

Just had to post my thoughts after hearing these. to tell you the truth, I just cant get my head round them at the mo.

In a crazy type of way I enjoy the fact that opinions vary so much.

I do still think that how these songs are grouped together and presented will have a big effect.

Forgot to mention by the way I think Porcupine are playing live again later in the year.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

This music is beyond VR's music, that's for sure.  Most VR songs sound quite generic, there is nothing generic about these songs in my book.

See that's the crazy part.  These Gn'R songs sound nothing but generic to me. There's nothing organic about them. No heart, no soul and like I sad last night in the chat the guts sound rotten.  Just a cloudy mess of production.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree that the CD sessions were a mess. In the 2000-04 era, its almost like a case of too much talent and not knowing what to do with it. So many people(and instruments) have to be placed in the song, and then you add in Axl's hard on for orchestra, a real flow never develops in the songs.

Then time has to be factored in. The album has been worked on different times, and from what is known, extremely long periods of inactivity. I don't think there's ever been an album recorded like this.

While I like a majority of all the CD songs, its bloated to the gills and just sounds forced.

I cant even begin to imagine what an 07/08(or later) version of this album is gonna sound like.

I seem to get the impression you are warming to some of these new leaks, but mainly because of Buckethead's part?

I wish there was a way Axl could get Bucket back, even if for one tour to show case the new material.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

This music is beyond VR's music, that's for sure.  Most VR songs sound quite generic, there is nothing generic about these songs in my book.

See that's the crazy part.  These Gn'R songs sound nothing but generic to me. There's nothing organic about them. No heart, no soul and like I sad last night in the chat the guts sound rotten.  Just a cloudy mess of production.

Now i agree that they aren't organic.  Organic to me means that it just happens, kinda like a perfect storm.  Working on an album this long, it won't be organic.

I'm wondering how you find it generic though?  These songs don't remind me of any others.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is a CD that all the bandmembers got to rehearse from, which is supported by the fact that every song from the setlist is here, possibly even Prostitute. It would also explain how it got out, since this CD would be duplicated many times for each person and travel the globe.

Anyone think it could be Robin's copy that came out? I think James suggested it but the more I think about it, the more sense it would make for his rehearsal copy to "slip out". (pun NOT intended).

I agree. Regardless of who leaked this material, its clearly a CD setlist disc.

Luckily for us the songs BBF has yet attempted to play weren't removed.:haha:

Yeah, I would not be surprised in the least if this was a NIN leak.

I was in chat REALLY late last night with bono, sic, war and a few others(sorry about forgetting names, I was very tired), but we were talking about how messy this material is.

Those of you who hate my M.I.A. references might want to skip the rest of this post.......

Switch needs to be brought in by Axl and given a few months to work on this material. Those who have heard Kala know how much is going on in some of those songs, and Switch was able to get it under control and make it flow beautifully and sound crisp. Kala would have been a mess had he not been brought in. MIA also does alot of layered vocals like Axl does, and Switch didn't make it stand out so much.

He is a highly in demand producer now in the rap/techno world, and hopefully since Fortus is a fan of hers, he mentioned Switch's capabilities to Axl.

Switch would also destroy these lame hip hop beats and give it a dose of adrenaline.

jonesy2
 Rep: 0 

jonesy2 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Forgot to mention by the way I think Porcupine are playing live again later in the year.

If the world without vocals reminds me of porcupine tree......

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

No offense James, but the last thing any of these tunes need is production/mixing from a rap/techno guy who worked with MIA.

I'm surprised that people aren't loving most of these. And the attacks on Axl's voice, that I really don't get. His voice is fucking awesome on all of these tracks.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Apparently some people think that Axl is trying to sound like Meatloaf in these new leaks...

30j18xv.jpg

Saw this and to post it...sorry... 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha now thats funny 14

as for axl'x vocals CC...he really is waayyy to high on the 3 new leaks

the third layer on maddy is jsut awful and the vocals are way too prominant in TWAT especially the Chorus

everybody i play them for are basically asking if he has his nuts in a vice 16

anyway the other songs are fine and up til the end of maddy i still enjoy them

and the guitar at the end of RHiad is jsut insanity...but the synth drown it out in places...

over all feeling i get from what we have now? i said it in another thread

i like abotu 60% of the material...bit disappointing given the 13 year thing

Board footer