You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Sorum says GNR reunion will happen "eventually," but without him.

Smoking Guns wrote:

If this is a cry for Matt pity party in hopes that fans scream for him to be in the lineup because Adler has drug issues than this is pretty pathetic.  Sorum on board for the reunion would be fine with me if Adler can't do it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hmmm, why now?  Kushner is in VR.  Are they ending VR to reunite GNR?  James, is that what you are reading?  I like Dave in VR.  He did keep quiet on the VR singer thing.  Hmmm.

Ever since Weiland bailed, I've thought they turned VR into a smokescreen while discussions happen behind the scenes.

VR implodes
Axl hires the "reunion manager" known as Azoff
Finck goes to NIN

all three things happen within weeks of each other.

It doesn't take Albert Einstein to solve that equation.....:haha:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hmmm, why now?  Kushner is in VR.  Are they ending VR to reunite GNR?  James, is that what you are reading?  I like Dave in VR.  He did keep quiet on the VR singer thing.  Hmmm.

Ever since Weiland bailed, I've thought they turned VR into a smokescreen while discussions happen behind the scenes.

VR implodes
Finck goes to NIN

James, you and I said the same thing in 2006 that the band would re-unite in Europe and all that shit. Never happened... ha!  We are nuts.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It very well may have 'almost' happened in Europe 2006 though. Wasn't there some indication later tha all that stopped it from happening was some fine print in a contract?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

VR implodes
Finck goes to NIN

VR-S-D
GNR-F

(VR-S-D)+A+I= GNR*

Pretty simple really.

*Minus Matt of course.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

And Steven is in rehab. Getting his shit together, hopefully.

Communist China wrote:

Wasn't there some indication later tha all that stopped it from happening was some fine print in a contract?

Wasn't that just a false rumor?

Either way, Axl denied that a reunion would take place in Europe during the Eddie Trunk interview.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It very well may have 'almost' happened in Europe 2006 though. Wasn't there some indication later tha all that stopped it from happening was some fine print in a contract?

Yeah, Halfin mentioned the GNR summer 06 reunion several times in his blog.
What put the machine to a halt was Axl trying to get them to sign over rights to the discography. He's insane if he thinks anyone would have signed that. However, a reunion is potentially worth 500 million, so at some point I could actually see the old guys willing to hand over song rights for a massive one time paycheck.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that so many people are taking Sorum's words semi-seriously.   Phrases like "I'm sure it will happen *eventually*" and "they COULD be meeting right now" are nothing new from the VR camp, given the inner turmoil and paranoia of the past few years.

And why would Kushner be involved if it were to happen?  I remember the RS article from last year (for AFD's 25th Anniversary) where Kushner basically said, "yeah, if everybody else goes back to their old bands, I'm screwed."

To be honest, the *last* thing I want is another reason to delay the release of Chinese Democracy, even if that includes the possibility of a reunion.  I'm happy with the GNR of the here and now.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, if true, that is exactly why Axl hasn't done shit in so long.  He is worried about shit he shouldn't be worried about.  Like have 100% control of a song written when he was 25 years old with his friends.

Board footer