You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Axl writing Autobiography & the sequel to "Estranged?" (RS)

bazgnr wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … rce=widget

When Rolling Stone spoke with Sebastian Bach about the alleged Chinese Democracy leak, he reported that he's heard 'at least four albums' worth' of finished Guns n' Roses tracks, recalling a night in January 2007 when Rose rolled out new songs from midnight to 6 a.m. at New York's Electric Lady studios. He says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called 'The General' is 'the sequel to [Use Your Illusion II's] '˜Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy' (James penned the short story that inspired the 'November Rain' video). 'He's like the George Lucas of rock,' Bach marvels. 'I know for a fact it's not him saying, '˜Let's wait and work on [Chinese Democracy] some more. He has a whole new business team. Irving Azoff is in control, along with Andy Gould. They are trying to figure out the best way to put the music out.'

In addition, Bach implied Rose is working on an autobiography. 'I was saying to Axl one day, '˜I'm going to write a book.' He was like, '˜Cool. How many pages you got?' I go, '˜I've got six pages.' He starts laughing and goes, '˜Yeah, I started my book a while back. I'm up to 12,000 words at this point,'' Bach says. 'He's very prolific. He's just not motivated by fame at all. He's had enough of it. He gets excited by making music, by putting on a concert. Making albums, he loves doing it.'

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Oops.  That should have been "autobiography" in the title.

Thanks for the fix!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Another thank you to the Baz for the info 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Axl could have a VERY cool autobiography. From pre-fame, to fame, to post-1995 I'd be interested in reading about his life.

Definitely something I'd buy, that would be a great read!   I am sure just like how many songs there are that he's been working on, I am sure there is like 3 books worth of writing.  16

Whatever the case, if it ever comes out, I am there 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

An Axl book would be incredible. Would be like a Howard Stern book of sorts because he's not going to hold back his opinion regardless of who gets pissed off.

Sequel to Estranged? Thank God he said that. The album needed more hype.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

This is a great example of why I come here.  I want to be here when all of this does come out, yes its not a question of if, its a question of when (be it tomorrow or when Axl dies)

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

'˜I've got six pages.'

Yeah, that's all you need Baz.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

'˜I've got six pages.'

Yeah, that's all you need Baz.

True that.

The sequel to Estranged.

I'm hoping The General leaks next.  9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Is it ment to be 12,000 words or pages? Is that a typo...cos 12,000 words isn't too far off 6 pages wink

Board footer