You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: What if the leaks (all of them) never happened?

I don't know that first night at Hammerstein was insane and filled with energy  5

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think we'd still be following to some extent, but if there were no leaks, there would be very very very...very few of us still interested.

Man, we're talking about 6 years with just boots of 2002, and if they did tour in 06, we still wouldn't have heard IRS, TWAT or BETTER, just the same songs. Plus, in that time with losing Buckethead it really would have hurt the morale. That TWAT solo did wonders for the BH fans and kept them interested.

misterID wrote:

I think we'd still be following to some extent, but if there were no leaks, there would be very very very...very few of us still interested.

Man, we're talking about 6 years with just boots of 2002, and if they did tour in 06, we still wouldn't have heard IRS, TWAT or BETTER, just the same songs. Plus, in that time with losing Buckethead it really would have hurt the morale. That TWAT solo did wonders for the BH fans and kept them interested.

If they did play them, then we'd still have the live boots like in 02, there is no way to know if they would or wouldn't have, can't say definitely either way.    It's hard to tell but the leaks have filled gaps of silence, that's defiintely for sure.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I honestly don't think I'd still be posting.

No offense gang.

Same here, so none taken.

but, with all that, we were still here, still waiting. no news, no nothing. and we'll still be here because it's a thing we do from our daily routine. eat, sleep, work, check the gnr board to see how people are doing.

Fair point. The "creature of habit" clause. If you go a few days without being at the forums, its like 8 hours without a cigarette.

In other words, very uncomfortable and not much fun....:haha:

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axl S wrote:

But I bet the leaks helped build some hype for that tour. It's what made it look different from 01/02. That there was some music in some form to go with it.

to the average gnr fan the leaks did nothing. at the show i was at, when i was singing along to the new songs (even madagascar, that's been around for 4-5 years and on the vma's) people were like "wtf! how do you know the songs?"

so, all the leaks did was to get lurkers to finally register at the forums and start posting about real gnr news. not about axl's teeth (i'll never forget that one) or axl's shoes or cars or... whatever.

I actually think most of us would still be here. The GNR diehards are phenomenon unto themselves.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

With no leaks, we would really have to rely on fucking Bach for information.  Thank God we have leaks.

Board footer