You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R may perform at VMA's

From Entertainment Weekly issue #1001, 7/11/08:

WILL 'N SYNC SAY "HI, HI, HI" AT THE MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS?

Michael Jackson,Guns N' Roses, U2, No Doubt, Eminem, Dr. Dre, and even Britney Spears-don't count anyone out for this year's MTV Video Music Awards. After a decade away from L.A., the telecast heads to Paramount Studios on Sept. 7, and folks are already trying to guess which performers will appear on the show. MTV Networks president Van Toffler will only say "we're talking to all of them", but one rumor in particular caught him off guard. Is 'N SYNC readying a reunion? "Wow", he replies. "I haven't heard that one".

Credit to King Axl from HTGTH

------
This could be huge.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If they are playing the VMAs there will be an album release date made official before then. I can't imagine they would go on there again with nothing set in stone.

That being said, I believe in the Rock Band rumor, but I'm much more hesitant about this one.

BrokenGlassNCigs

Communist China wrote:

If they are playing the VMAs there will be an album release date made official before then. I can't imagine they would go on there again with nothing set in stone.

That being said, I believe in the Rock Band rumor, but I'm much more hesitant about this one.

If one is to believe the Rock Band "rumor", then why not believe this? It's not even a rumor. EW is a legit source and GN'R has been contacted by MTV, who knows if they'll accept. There's no rumor really though. BTW Rock Band is published by MTV Games.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I am always skeptical about VMA rumors, but if this thing is truly getting launched this year, GNR will be there.

CC is right. A release date will be announced before they hit the VMA stage. MTV isn't being burned again by this band.

BrokenGlassNCigs

Quick note: NIN's American Tour ends on September 6th in L.A., one day before the VMA's, which is also coincedently in L.A. Sooo if they perform at the VMA's don't be surprised if Finck is back, since it all folds in together.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

We get a VMA rumor every year.

If it's actually happening, i agree that there will be an announcement and the album will be on the way before they play the show.

James

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Quick note: NIN's American Tour ends on September 6th in L.A., one day before the VMA's, which is also coincedently in L.A. Sooo if they perform at the VMA's don't be surprised if Finck is back, since it all folds in together.

Excellent point, and I would also like to say that Buckethead has a break in his tour from August 9th to Sept. 13th.

Before anyone shits bricks by his name being brought in, every year there's VMA mentions his status and tour schedule is always considered into any possible equation.

Just throwing that tidbit out there. 5

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If the CD is coming this year or early next, if the band has secured a Rock Band deal and if Shackler's Revenge is the first single out around the time of the VMAs, the logical next step would be to play the show. You're already in L.A., shouldn't be too hard for Axl to head on over.

The question is: Who would take the stage with him? By the way, Bucket's tour schedule has him in Cali. on Sept. 13. The show before that, he is in Washington in August. Hmmmm.

BrokenGlassNCigs

Someone find out if Brain's touring on the 7th of September, hehehe.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

If the CD is coming this year or early next, if the band has secured a Rock Band deal and if Shackler's Revenge is the first single out around the time of the VMAs, the logical next step would be to play the show. You're already in L.A., shouldn't be too hard for Axl to head on over.

The question is: Who would take the stage with him? By the way, Bucket's tour schedule has him in Cali. on Sept. 13. The show before that, he is in Washington in August. Hmmmm.

Yeah with a Bucket track looking to be the album's first single and a GNR performance happening during Bucket downtime, things are getting VERY interesting.

Someone find out if Brain's touring on the 7th of September, hehehe.

Bri? Any info on what Brain is doing currently?

Board footer