You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Bucket found a collaborator in the CD sessions?

bigbri wrote:

I see what you're saying about recording on the side, but he didn't record them then. Write maybe.

A lot of people say that about Lace. It is definitely one of his best, but I don't think it's the absolute best. Would be the best GNR leak though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A lot of people say that about Lace. It is definitely one of his best, but I don't think it's the absolute best. Would be the best GNR leak though.

I actually consider the track overrated. Highly overrated.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I actually consider the track overrated. Highly overrated.

Really? Interesting.

I think the start is a bit bland...only because stylisticly its not so much to my taste..like the way all of buckets songs seem to 'jump' style mid track. I can see that might be a feature most people really like though. It seems like he does it alot I mean "Jump Man" does the same thing and Jorden is similar...its cool but might not work to well other than in an instrumental context. All i mean is that it sounds like at least 2 seperate songs mashed together..lol...

But then any concerns I had over the track obliterate once the solo gets going. That passage from 3.30 - 3:55 is absolutely mind numbing. Maybe it's the guitarist in me, but that's some *serious* dexterity right there...there's got to be only like a handful of players alive who can hit a run like that. At 4.55 its also pretty scary from a shred point of view...but over and above this....I like how the melody gets a little like a Hendrix lick (but on roids) at 5.06...just very cool....and somehow the track starts to get that etherial quality to the ears...like overloading them...the tone the melody..up loud and it just tripps me out...

And I'm a guy who wanted to hate bucket because I grew up loving slash 16

anyway...its cool if your not into the track...but I think some solos of this caliabre on a new GNR album (as opposed to the cool but short burst thing he seems to do in GNR) would really shut people up, blow guitarists away and make people respect the new songs a lot more.... smile

Board footer