You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Re: Chinese Democracy Tracklisting Speculation

Slashisvr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I consider CD and Riyadh the strongest tracks so far(never thought I'd say that about Riyadh), and if neither makes the album, there better be something out of this world taking their place.

you cant even spell it right tongue

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I consider CD and Riyadh the strongest tracks so far(never thought I'd say that about Riyadh), and if neither makes the album, there better be something out of this world taking their place.

i think james has been spelling it right all along. i for one have been misspelling this for the past 7 years or whatever.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While I've never won a spelling bee, I most certainly know how to spell Riyadh.

GNR thinks Prostitute is spelled Prostitue. You gonna say I cant spell Prostitute?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I know I'm dragging this one off topic, but is the subject of that song a person or a city?  I think it's about a person and the name is spelled Rihad.  Riyadh is a city.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i agree with backslash but i wasnt saying anythign cuz i thought i was the only one 16

anyway i stll spell it rhiad when i post ... so suck on that 16

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Whatever the spelling is, the title is a play on the Arabic city and a person with the same name, isn't it?  Maybe it's taking so long for this album to get released because Axl can't figure out how to spell it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I know I'm dragging this one off topic, but is the subject of that song a person or a city?  I think it's about a person and the name is spelled Rihad.  Riyadh is a city.

Fair point, but Bedouins are from the Saudi region, so its not a giant leap that its really Riyadh.

I have looked up various spellings of Rhiad, Rihadh,etc., and just nothing of substance comes up.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Are we sure Shackler's Revenge is on the album? I have a feeling its some guitar-crazy fun novelty song that they recorded that they thought would be cool for Guitar Hero but won't be on the album.  Like its another way of getting that song out. Just a hunch.

I have a feeling the nine songs that leaked are related to the release and were all planned to be on there. Given that it consists of most of the album, he may well replace some of them with unheard tracks.

I'm saying those 9 plus Sorry and Prostitute. The other two could be anything but I'll guess Zodiac which is rumoured to leak, and Shackler's Revenge, seen as you guys are confident it will be on there. If not, or if there are more than 13 songs, i'd say Atlas Shrugged. Complete guess based on fact Classic Rock guy said he heard it. No real reason that matters I suppose.

The songs I'd like to be on the album, based on what I've heard and what I'd like to hear, would be:

CD
The Blues
Better
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Song #2
Prostitute
Atlas Shrugged
Sorry
Catcher In The Rye
The General
Shackler's Revenge
This I Love

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If you believe Mysteron, he says Shackler's will be on CD. Of course, as always with GNR, plans can change. I don't think you put a novelty song on RockBand. Who would want the most widely heard song from newGNR to not be on the album? Doesn't make much sense to put anything but the first single on a video game this successful.

On a lighter note, would any of you try to sing the vocal part for this video game?

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Communist China wrote:

If you believe Mysteron, he says Shackler's will be on CD. Of course, as always with GNR, plans can change. I don't think you put a novelty song on RockBand. Who would want the most widely heard song from newGNR to not be on the album? Doesn't make much sense to put anything but the first single on a video game this successful.

On a lighter note, would any of you try to sing the vocal part for this video game?

He said it was a new GnR song, I don't think he said it would be on CD. I'd be interested to see the quote if he said it.

Edit - just seen he did confirm it, ignore me

Board footer