You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i can't beleive peopel are so excited about this .... its not even an official band source....

Tiny Tim could announce this from his coffin and it doesn't change its status. Its on the game. There's no going back now.

I agree somewhat regarding the album as a whole, as we've seen disasters happen before. However, there's no reason for people to hold back any excitement because the song is going to be on the game.

well to buy rock band is pushing $200 so yeah...anyway i've been telling you guys for 3 or 4 days that if its on there then its on there cuz of the prep time....now they actually put it in a press reelase and everyone is going crazy...its only a song...look at the reaction that newest leaks got...it could be a dud...the songs we've heard so far are all over the place so who knows what we'll get....

I'll tell ya somethign though, if it sounds like Primus i'm gonna break some shit 16

and like you said james one track off a video game is not the album...thats what i'm after is the album

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, we are excited, but I am sick of getting teased....  This isn't a song between albums like Civil war Was to hold us over.  we have been waiting since 1994, or 1999.  Instead of trying to get new fans, take care of the ones you have and give US a proper single first.  What is next, a cornrow helmet to wear while we sing a song on rock band we don't know? For Rock Band, they should have gone with a Classic that EVERYONE will want to play. 

AC/DC has a new album coming out.  They gave the game a classic, not a new song off the album....

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

WHAT IS NEXT?  A GNR SINGLE IN A CRACKER JACK BOX?

That'd be awesome.  I'm much more apt to buy cracker jacks than Rock Band.

Was that a fat guy thing to say?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What is next, a cornrow helmet to wear while we sing a song on rock band we don't know?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James, we are excited, but I am sick of getting teased....  This isn't a song between albums like Civil war Was to hold us over.  we have been waiting since 1994, or 1999.  Instead of trying to get new fans, take care of the ones you have and give US a proper single first.  What is next, a cornrow helmet to wear while we sing a song on rock band we don't know? For Rock Band, they should have gone with a Classic that EVERYONE will want to play. 

AC/DC has a new album coming out.  They gave the game a classic, not a new song off the album....

Are you saying you would have preferred on old song on Rock Band? They are giving us a single, essentially. Buckethead fans got "Jordan" off Guitar Hero the day it came out. We'll get the same with "Shackler's Revenge."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i can't beleive peopel are so excited about this .... its not even an official band source....

Tiny Tim could announce this from his coffin and it doesn't change its status. Its on the game. There's no going back now.

I agree somewhat regarding the album as a whole, as we've seen disasters happen before. However, there's no reason for people to hold back any excitement because the song is going to be on the game.

well to buy rock band is pushing $200 so yeah...anyway i've been telling you guys for 3 or 4 days that if its on there then its on there cuz of the prep time....now they actually put it in a press reelase and everyone is going crazy...its only a song...look at the reaction that newest leaks got...it could be a dud...the songs we've heard so far are all over the place so who knows what we'll get....

I'll tell ya somethign though, if it sounds like Primus i'm gonna break some shit 16

and like you said james one track off a video game is not the album...thats what i'm after is the album

$200??:nervous::nervous::nervous: Is there something in these articles I missed? You have to buy a bunch of accessories??Like I said, I rarely play games and when I do its a game of Madden, or once in a blue moon will rent games in the style of Hit Man, Rainbow Six,etc.

$200 changes things a bit obviously.:haha: Not buying a bunch of crap to go with it.

Yeah, album my main focus as well, but for the album to ever come out, it needed something of this nature to propel it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

WHAT IS NEXT?  A GNR SINGLE IN A CRACKER JACK BOX?

That'd be awesome.  I'm much more apt to buy cracker jacks than Rock Band.

Was that a fat guy thing to say?

Not at all.  I love cracker jacks!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

$200??:nervous::nervous::nervous: Is there something in these articles I missed? You have to buy a bunch of accessories??

well you cant play the game if you dont have the accessories...if you have rb1 then obviously you got all the shit you need but if you dont then you need the box set which is like $170 or something plus taxes

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Are you saying you would have preferred on old song on Rock Band? They are giving us a single, essentially. Buckethead fans got "Jordan" off Guitar Hero the day it came out. We'll get the same with "Shackler's Revenge."

If I wasn't a GNR fan, I would go with a sure fire hit, not an experiment.  Does this GNR stand test of time like some of the songs on this list?  Not sure.  I am glad its a new song, the video game may not if the song blows.

Board footer