You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Saikin wrote:

100% disagree James. 

Besides the part about Maggie.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:

One other thing.....

The extreme hype of this film wrote a check that the quality of the film couldn't cash.

Did you like Burton's '89 Batman?

Hidden Text:

I disagree with almost everything you said, admittedly they tried to do a little too much maybe and editing down to one story is hard. But as Harvey is Joker's greatest triumph you kind of need those last 20 minutes of the movie, unless you want Joker to be successful.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Did you like Burton's '89 Batman?

Absolutely not. One of the biggest shit stains in film history. Watched that one in the theater as well, and was practically comatose when the credits rolled.

As far as your spoiler tag, when this film gets a DVD release I would like to see someone other than a hyperactive 5 year old edit this thing.

Maybe its one of Nolan's signatures, and if it is, I'll be sure to avoid everything he does in the future.

Was Batman Begins like this? I have it now, but I'm almost afraid to watch it.:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James, you don't know any Nolan films? You've never seen Memento?? That's one of the best movies of all time, and an indie at that.

Begins is similar, also long, but it doesn't have as many changes in the story. You may like it more. But if you have a problem with Bale as Batman, Begins is a huge showcase of Bale's talents, so maybe it's not for you either.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

James, do you just not like the Batman character to begin with?

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

James, you don't know any Nolan films? You've never seen Memento?? That's one of the best movies of all time, and an indie at that.

Momentary brain fart. Yes I know Memento, and looking at his resume right now, he also did Insomnia which was ok.

Begins is similar, also long, but it doesn't have as many changes in the story. You may like it more. But if you have a problem with Bale as Batman, Begins is a huge showcase of Bale's talents, so maybe it's not for you either.

Its not just a "problem" with Bale, but how this story is developed and the insane editing(which some may think is "cutting edge" but its not).

I have a pretty strange taste in film, so I certainly cant be accused of not experiencing a wide range of cinema or not being exposed to various directorial techniques.

It just doesn't work here on any level.

I played the Begins game on XBOX, so I know pretty much what happens and how you get a more "origins" type Batman story. Wouldn't have a problem with that, but if its all jumbled together like this one, I have no desire to watch it.

I think this story might have worked better if we only had to deal with one villain. It was already all over the place before Two Face even becomes a factor.

James

James wrote:
Mike wrote:

James, do you just not like the Batman character to begin with?

14 I knew someone would eventually ask that.

No, I am not a superhero nutswinger. Never have, never will. Doesn't mean I cant appreciate a good film when I see one, and this doesn't cut the mustard. Go check my "best films this decade"list. Each of them blows this completely out of the water.

My favorite superhero fluff is The Incredible Hulk series with Bill Bixby. Its more grounded in reality than most comic books brought to life. I also loved that old spider man cartoon. The first Superman with Reeves was pretty damn good when I was a kid.

James

James wrote:

What was that superhero cartoon when we(I) was a kid where it was most of them together on the same show?

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

What was that superhero cartoon when we(I) was a kid where it was most of them together on the same show?

The Avengers?

Board footer