You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Giving a presentation

monkeychow wrote:

Good Luck - hope it goes well.

Make sure you address all the topics...as the people that have to decide who gets the job most likely have to justify their decision based on the applicants suitability to handle each of those critera...so if you spend too much time on any 1 of them alone then they have nothing to asses you on for the other parts.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Thanks for your input everyone. smile

I might actually get around to making a start on it tomorrow.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

of course , end of the day, if your face fits... sad but true...

luckylittlelady

I didn't get it unfortunately.

They did say the content of my presentation was very good though, so thanks again for all your input smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Man that is totally weak having to give a presentation.

Sorry it didn't work out.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Sorry to hear it didn't work out this time.  Consider it a learning oppotunity and next time you'll be even more prepared if the situation arises.  I just got someone hired into my company that I've been talking to since last year, so sometimes it takes some time for the right opportunity to open up.

luckylittlelady

I'm a bit narked because it went to someone with less experience than me but who was more confident in the interview.

I hated being interviewed by people I knew far more than I thought I would.  With strangers I think it's easier to put on a bit of a 'front', but I really was terribly nervous and that took me by surprise really.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Less experience, but they were more confident in the interview"

Is just a nice way of saying "they're a good jive ass who knows when to slap knee pads on"

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that sucks LLL maybe next time sad

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

I didn't get it unfortunately.

They did say the content of my presentation was very good though, so thanks again for all your input smile

Sorry you didn't get the position Farah. Hope it all works out in the end for you anyways. smile

Board footer