You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: More leaks soon?

Scabbie wrote:
darknemus wrote:

This is why those of us who make an effort to get our hands on 'the goods' so to speak tend to do a lot of our communiques through text messages and good old fashioned mobile phone calling back / forth smile

It scares me how twisted and altered a story can get when it passes from one person to the next, especially when it comes to this community.  Its not a bad thing - in fact, I find it rather fascinating - but yes, it does scare me.

Ciao,

-darknemus

Scaring might be a bit of a strong word!

Out of interest do you believe there will be any more (old) leaks from the hoarders before the album is released? Is there much material out there that might never see the light of day that people will hold onto?

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

ehh, here's what I think.

There are a LOT of attention seekers out there.  The world is also full of idiots (trust me, they keep me gainfully employed).  If you do the simple math, chances are that most of the info out there is, well, attention seeking idiocy. I lend little credence to most of it.  I don't really 'get' the offers of 'x' dollars for songs or whatever - however, I understand the reasoning behind it.  Bottom line is, appealing to greed is oftentimes much more effective than appealing to compassion, that's for damn sure.

Here's the problem with all of this potential material out there.. its very hard to separate the signal from the noise.  So far, we've gotten LUCKY and managed to get our hands on some good stuff.  Luck however is the ultimate variable.. it definitely comes and goes (trust me, I play poker semi-professionally, I am pretty aware of this)

The one factor we have on our side right now is time - every thing being 'hoarded' loses any assigned value it has (when the value is really in the eye of the beholder.. its not as if its a quantifiable figure) as more 'real' releases come forth.  The next big one to be Shackler's Revenge, I would think.

So - with that being said.  I just say be patient, keep your eyes and ears tuned to the proverbial 'wall of sound' and try to pick out the good info that IS out there.  Sometimes its just not easy to decipher smile

Hoarding sucks - but its a fact of life.. all we need to do is find a way 'around' that wall as opposed to constantly bashing our heads against it wink

Nuff Said, Make Mine Marvel, Excelsior! and all that fun stuff,

-darknemus

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
darknemus wrote:

This is why those of us who make an effort to get our hands on 'the goods' so to speak tend to do a lot of our communiques through text messages and good old fashioned mobile phone calling back / forth smile

It scares me how twisted and altered a story can get when it passes from one person to the next, especially when it comes to this community.  Its not a bad thing - in fact, I find it rather fascinating - but yes, it does scare me.

Ciao,

-darknemus

Scaring might be a bit of a strong word!

Out of interest do you believe there will be any more (old) leaks from the hoarders before the album is released? Is there much material out there that might never see the light of day that people will hold onto?

Before?  Not unless the tactics employed to get them to.. not hoard are revisited and modified appropriately.  I'm not sure how that would be done - but I believe there's potential there.

-darknemus

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

This is hilarious!  Great Entertainment--keep it up folks--and Nemus, PM me, or e-mail me!  We need to chat.....;)

The Closing in on You clip--well, LOL!  Some have had that since 2002/2003.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Jesus christ Arcade Roses, you need to chill the fuck out. You are reading wayyyyyy to much into this whole situation and are making it out to be some sort of MI6 conspiracy when there is not really anything worth noting that has happened. If something leaks, great, if it doesn't im sure something will happen soon. Either way, you need to leave these people alone. You're not helping...infact you're probably delaying negotiations even further (thats if there is even any going on) You need to concentrate on something else. Try a rubix cube. Just, don't try and find "contacts" that can do it for you and have it done by next week.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

are making it out to be some sort of MI6 conspiracy when there is not really anything worth noting that has happened.

Just, don't try and find "contacts" that can do it for you and have it done by next week.

As per our 'agreement' (and I assume he is asking this to other fans as well?): I am not offering my input anymore.  This is out of respect and agreement.  In my view, it's beyond good advice, and is wise words we should all put in our notepads....

And 'there is not really anything worth noting that has happened': if that was the case, we wouldn't be here now.:haha:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Holy shit!  While I won't pretend to be the smartest guy here, I know I ain't the dumbest.  And I have read the last say 10 pages of this thread and I DO NOT understand what is going on other than the fact that Arcade seems to think he is in a James Bond movie.  Wake me up if a leak happens otherwise I am not reading this thread any longer cause it is giving me a headache.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. It isn't like it's over my head, but this thread is just gibberish.

Whatever 'it' is... I don't get it.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I say ban em.

No "I have heard this guy who has a leak tell me about another leak but I don't know if the leak is real or if the guy is real but the point is 24 hours and we'll know for sure if he chooses to release it, but we may never know big_smile big_smile big_smile 1819:slash::bed:"

Keep that on another GNR forum. I'm all for leak talk, but keep it straight forward. No bullshit here

Sky Dog wrote:

agree...what a bunch of nonsense. I would rather see no topics than what this thread turned in to. The original topic was fine and then it just spiraled in to idiotic mess.:sick:

Board footer