You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

No big loss to Guns, but a great addition for NIN.  Everything that Guns lost that mattered happened before 2003 (or whenever it was that BH bailed).

Sky Dog wrote:

well technically, Josh Freese is in the pic too...Freese and Finck together are a big loss.:o

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah madagas that was my intended message - Freese and Finck on a big NA tour kicking ass in how many different cities.

I am so excited to see them on the 5th. Can't come fast enough.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

After watching some of the NIN footage of this tour, there's no way in hell Finck is ever coming back to GNR. Its a stale moldy loaf of bread compared to NIN.

Do I jack off to AFD or do something cool?

I think you know Finck's answer to that.

Cant wait for the Oakland show.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

well technically, Josh Freese is in the pic too...Freese and Finck together are a big loss.:o

I was including him in the discussion...it wasn't anti-Finck.  I like NIN and think both fit better there than they ever did in GnR.  I'm glad they are where they are and they probably are too.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

My favorite NIN memory. The only time I've left their concert laughing my ass off.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Slip debuts at number 13 on the Billboard Top 200. Thats an incredible position for an album that was willingly handed out for free and had tons of publicity at its release.

Isn't this the highest chart position in Finck's career?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

After watching some of the NIN footage of this tour, there's no way in hell Finck is ever coming back to GNR. Its a stale moldy loaf of bread compared to NIN.

Do I jack off to AFD or do something cool?

I think you know Finck's answer to that.

Cant wait for the Oakland show.

Pretty much exactly what my buddy said who went with me and I agree. He's a big Gn'R fan and not at all a NIN fan. I promised him he'd be blown away though and he was. NIN live blows the fuck outta new Gn'R live.  It rocks just as hard. Actually probably harder cause it doesn't have those tedious solos to suffer through and it's ten million times more interesting to watch.  The crowd interaction at a NIN show is very minimal(almost non existant) but you don't need it. The show itself is so captivating that any crowd interaction that does happen seems out of place actually.  This is where Finck belongs no questions asked.   9

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

How many of you guys still remember the suitably gloopy soundtrack Trent made for the PC game Quake (a first person shooter from the creators of DOOM)?

I'll make the effort to secure it on Mp3, as it contains some of the most haunting NIN tunes I've ever heard.

[youtube]SFVufWdP4YI&NR=1[/youtube]

NIN - Quake Soundtrack - Hall of Souls

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't think it qualifies as NIN, I think it's just Trent Reznor (even though NIN is just TR, the distinction should be made). Then again, NIN is written ont he ammo boxes or something right?

I have the Quake soundtrack somewhere - and I loved Wolfenstein and Doom (II and Final especially) but Quake never caught my eye.

EDIT: Here's a link but it may have expired. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RAQTZB2S
If it does still work let me know and I'll post in in the Other Downloads section too. If it doesn't sometimes this weekend I can upload it.

Board footer