You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: SR's leak plausibility and potential timeframe (informed speculation)

You're joking, right?

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

I'd be a bit careful of leaking anything.

The antiquiet leaker just posted this on mygnr.com and unless you want to face legal consequences, just continue to steal music from Axl Rose and GNR.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … try2115255

ok... i have some things to add. i should be like, "above" silly internet rumors about me and stuff, but while i'm sure i'll come off like a complete dick (because i generally am) i do give a shit about music fans like you guys, and i've always been one to help folks get the straight shit.

so... no, it was not a publicity stunt. i wish it was.

when the feds showed up at my work, one of the first things i asked was, seriously? don't you guys have anything better to do? and while they seemed to be less than enthusiastic one way or another about hanging out with me, they replied with plenty of federal seriousness that copyright infringement is indeed a federal offense. so that's totally their jurisdiction and that's that.

they weren't there to fuck me up or scare me, they were there to investigate. they asked me some questions, and politely asked to borrow my computer, and i let them take it. they copied my hard drive and brought it back a few days later. that's the last i've seen or heard from them. so it's not the sensational ridiculous unbelievable story that some people have made it out to be. every day i considered the possibility that they'd come back around with papers, but it wasn't like i faced a fuckin' swat team.

as for the feds wanting me to "keep my mouth shut," there was no warrant, no subpoena. they came after the first talk i had with joel stein at time, and i asked the special agent if he wanted me to keep my mouth shut. he said frankly that he couldn't tell me who to talk to or who not to talk to, and only asked that i let them know if i got any new information.

as for me being an attention whore... yes and no. i definitely enjoyed the 15 minutes of heavy traffic that my website received. it's a project i'm passionate about and i was delighted to see it get such big publicity. but we've moved on to new topics, and on a personal level, i got very little enjoyment out of the spotlight. i was very happy to have the attention die down. i didn't seek out rolling stone or time or the bbc. they all called me out of the clear blue after getting my phone number (from a whois search i assume)- along with many other far less notable publications which i turned away- constantly interrupting my day job and my life in general. i'm not crying, i'm just saying, i'm not fuckin' paris hilton over here wanting every camera on me. next time, someone else can shit themselves for a couple of weeks worrying about facing federal charges.

most cases of songs leaking are management-led staged stunts, and at first, i assumed my source was at least someone acting in the interest of the band or management, as many fans assumed after the fact. but i'm now sure, beyond any reasonable doubt, that this was one of the exceptions.

i can't give you guys all of the evidence without naming names i'm not allowed to and shit, but trust me on this one: even before this went down, the record industry was no fan of mine. we did an interview with josh homme where he said interscope could suck his dick and he called out jimmy iovine by name. it ruffled many a feather. if geffen was going to slip these tracks to just one site- especially a small one that would surely be put on the map forever for getting it out there- they would not pick me.

and before you say, well that's a great idea- give it to you and then sue you for leaking it! understand that that would be a massively illegal offense, and noone in the music industry would ever take a risk like that, of getting caught in a myriad of federal offenses, when they won't even gamble on artist development these days.

i quit the record industry in 2005, and i'm surely never working there ever again after all the shit i've pulled (there are other stories, besides this guns stuff and the homme thing). i'm having much more fun rocking all of their boats with antiquiet, and they pay shit anyway.

you guys can take my explanation, or call it bullshit i guess, but i'm gonna move onto the next steps on antiquiet. maybe i'll see some of you around if there are other great bands we share appreciation for.

thanks for... giving a shit

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, leak all you want. We won't tell nobody shit. wink

Sky Dog wrote:

I gotta say that:

1. I don't think management has EVER leaked anything. Period. You don't give away unfinished music that cost 13 million to make-certainly not songs that have such shitty vocals and mixing. Sorry....it makes NO sense and Axl's response to the leaks has been anything but positive.

2. People like Incognito, MSL, and darknemus are walking a very thin line between clever and stupid.:haha: The music industry is going to fight back against leakers at some point and a huge Gnr release may be something to take a stand on. Axl already has a certain disdain for a portion of his fanbase. I don't think it is out of the question that he would go after someone like Incognito/BBA who has been openly hostile to the new band for years. I am not even considering the fact that someone from the label may get involved....someone like Jimmy Iovine.

I see nothing wrong with working behind the scenes in pm's and text messages. But, openly going to large fan forums and huge music industry sites doing the shit is just stupid.:headbang:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I still think the 2006 leaks came from the same type of mixes that the 2008 stuff came from. Probably came from cd's the band had and were using for rehearsals. Tom Zutaut thought the same thing....that is why you have different mixes of the same stuff....each band member gets a different mix to rehearse their parts.

ps...and Russ, nice pick up on The Spinal Tap reference!

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

That Skwerl guy isn't very bright.  He says he was worried about facing federal charges but he would have aided in his own prosecution. He should have refused to talk and cooperate. Call them on their bluff and see if they would have continued to pursue him or if they were just trying to ruffle his feathers a bit and send a message.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sounds plausible to me.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

Can't quite qualify HOW I know this, but I got confirmation about two hours ago that Shackler's Revenge *IS* in the version of RB II going to gold.  Still not sure when it's going gold, but I was told it could be 'any day'. 

This information isn't that hard to get, yourself - if you really feel the need to... just "follow the money" as I always say smile

Ciao,

-darknemus

Board footer