You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

And wasn't Oh My God released without his permission?

Go read the encyclopedia sized meaning of the song he wrote while promoting it for End of Days and saying how great it was.

Then after doing that, go check his excuse after the world hated it.

Why the hell would they need a "test the waters" track

I'm amazed you would even ask that after enduring the 96-08 period.

The band, or the article on www.gunsnroses.com didn't say that "Shackler's Revenge" was tentatively gonna be on Rock Band 2.

Yeah, and the HD ad didn't say Better would "tentatively" be on the commercial.

We got Paradise City instead.

I remember similar hype during that. Fans saying "THIS IT IT!!!", "they're gonna blow our minds with Better as the 1st single!!", and whadda ya know....

We're rocking out to AFD instead, and about to do so again as its getting a vinyl re-re-re-re-release when their full concentration should be Chinese Democracy.

1999: Oh My God/Live Era
2002: re-emerged with a medley consisting of 2 AFD tracks while announcing CD starts now.
2006: Better about to launch/PC instead

Hard to believe I'm the only person detecting a pattern.

No matter what happens, we always wind up with AFD again.

Lets look at the recent happenings.....

Finck looks for relevancy
Two ancient demos go on sale on Itunes
Shackler gets announced
AFD to be released for the thousandth time(why? It never went out of print) with the Rape cover intact.

Forgive me if I'm not 100% convinced that Chinese Democracy starts now.

James, the back catalog releases are controlled by the label.  The vinyl re-issue is part of a different trend (due to it being on of Universal's top sellers all time), and has nothing to do with Shackler's, CD, etc.  Below:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news … 9d328ddae2

On July 8, Minnesota-based Best Buy said it was introducing records at select stores in Canada and the United States.

Recently, three entertainment conglomerates -- the Warner Music Group, Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol/EMI -- each announced that come August, they would be reissuing as many as 30 albums each from their back catalogues every month until the end of the year.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

James, the back catalog releases are controlled by the label.  The vinyl re-issue is part of a different trend (due to it being on of Universal's top sellers all time), and has nothing to do with Shackler's, CD, etc.  Below:

On July 8, Minnesota-based Best Buy said it was introducing records at select stores in Canada and the United States.

Recently, three entertainment conglomerates -- the Warner Music Group, Universal Music Enterprises and Capitol/EMI -- each announced that come August, they would be reissuing as many as 30 albums each from their back catalogues every month until the end of the year.

I'm not saying AFD has anything to do with Shackler. My point is that every time it looks like something CD related is happening, we get thrown an AFD bone instead.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I'm not saying AFD has anything to do with Shackler. My point is that every time it looks like something CD related is happening, we get thrown an AFD bone instead.

Maybe at this point AFD is CD.  tongue

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

They aren't backing out of releasing Shackler's...that is coming. However, I personally still feel it is a song to test the waters

I'm in the same boat. Its Oh My God all over again. Where we disagree is that I think he can still pull out of this. There was probably a contract signed with two songs as a possibility, one being new.

Amazing that in 2008 he is still afraid to let the album stand on its own and be judged. He's still doing what he was doing in 1999....giving it to us in baby doses praying the whole world loves the taste.

Welcome back Acquiesce!:mosh::beer:

Thanks!:mosh:

I agree this is just Oh My God part 2. I see no reason to believe that SR is going to lead to anything more.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

Beautiful.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I miss Acquiesce. sad

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

16 Why bump a topic from 583 weeks ago?

Here we are (literally) over 10 years later and still no Ides of March.

Board footer