You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: For those on here who had faith in Incognito

James wrote:
Tommie wrote:

^^ I agree completely.  Who thinks we should add a rule to our forum...if a leak happens we talk about it, but no more posts by people who post bullshit about trying to get leaks just to stroke their own ego.   

Who's with me?

While I understand this sentiment and I do know its been brewing for awhile, things like this almost always have to occur in some fashion for anything to get out there. I know the tactics used sometimes can come off as lame, but isn't there usually a payoff in the end? Had MSL not went through the hell he went through, we never would have got the 07 leaks(minus Madagascar of course, thanks to dark). The 07 leaks were kicked off by that guy teasing people with a clip on his own site. The 06 leaks were courtesy of wes(and dark), and people at all the sites were cussing the guy out for being a fake while in reality he was sending the songs to dark. Hell, the first forum leak was courtesy of none other than "Biff Tannen".

There's always foreplay before the orgasm.

Where I do agree with you, bri, monkeychow, and others here(and at other sites) is the proclamations of having material yet not sharing it. I don't care about the VMA's, but I can see why people would get pissed at having it mentioned, yet not produced. I understand the hoarding mentality to a certain extent, but not the part where it can be construed as "bragging" and making it out to be some big deal when it really isn't. There is definitely excessive drama involved, and I don't really want to single him out, but AR and many others like him are a good example. People who have no real involvement, yet try and integrate themselves into the equation. You then have the "real McCoys" like dark, MSL,etc., and on the other side you have the guys whose pockets are filled with fake clips like AR, cuddergnr,etc. It creates a huge fucking mess for everyone, including those that have to observe it.

I have said for a loooooong time that the fakes make this shit a million times worse than it has to be, and hopefully dark and MSL can elaborate a bit on that.

These "games" wouldn't stand out as much and/or even be necessary if they weren't being bombarded with a million fake 2 second clips of Zodiac in PMs. People interested in trading are almost forced out into the open to look for someone legit. I've seen fake hoarders trading fake clips with other fake hoarders. Its way past the point of absurdity, so I can see why these guys are basically doing their thing in a more public manner than the likes of dark used to do. Its a bit different now.

Most of us come here in our spare time to relax, have good conversations, and talk about Guns N' Roses...not play mission impossible.

We do agree on that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great post monkey.

Actually alot of the GN'R bootleg concerts out there, wouldn't exist if it weren't for an uprising of the downloaders and sharers, who simply got frustrated with hoarders and this fuckin' game like they think they're living an episode of "24".

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

I'm quite tired, but you guys seem to be missing the boat somewhat....

Tommie wrote:

And yes it is meant as a direct insult to Incognito, Arcade Roses, and whoever else feels the need to role play CIA agent.

If anything I was a CIA 'mole' - I pointed out to MSL that he was dealing with (what I think are) charlatans in the other thread, and it came off rather badly.

You know how my 'adventure' started out?  I asked a guy if he 'would... consider sharing some of your info/findings in the English sector of the forum?'.  Several people can vouch for that.  I then got sucked down this rabbit hole with the 'Zodiac' intro wailing round my head and big long sentences of unheard stuff I had never heard before floating around me, i.e. '"This I Love" and "The Blues" are like "Don't Cry" and "Don't Cry alternate", etc....  Strange stuff.

Incognito's and MSL's mission started with 'Looking to trade' - and now it seems he has been successful, like MSL before him.

James Lofton wrote:

There is definitely excessive drama involved, and I don't really want to single him out, but AR and many others like him are a good example. People who have no real involvement, yet try and integrate themselves into the equation.

JL, I asked a guy if he would 'share his findings in the English sector of the forum?'.  Like Neo, he took me down a rabbit hole, and I followed.  Christ, I wanted out of there when he started sending me the 'Zodiac' clips and his info became deeper...!

My only fault was 'taking the red pill'.  My premise was very different to Incognito's, if you see what I mean.

James Lofton wrote:

You then have the "real McCoys" like dark, MSL,etc., and on the other side you have the guys whose pockets are filled with fake clips like AR, cuddergnr,etc. It creates a huge fucking mess for everyone, including those that have to observe it.

No offence, but MSL's 'pockets' were filled with fake promises of money and guitars (not dissing him - this is based on his open story;  so I am not dissing him by saying that) and that created a huge mess for lots of people.  Hoarders, management, forums (with excess threads during 'leaktime'), etc..

Also, cudder (I don't even know what he circulated that was bogus) never struck 'gold' (OK, OK... 'bronze') like I did over the Very Best Of... artwork....

James Lofton wrote:

These "games" wouldn't stand out as much and/or even be necessary if they weren't being bombarded with a million fake 2 second clips of Zodiac in PMs. People interested in trading are almost forced out into the open to look for someone legit.

Again, if a word of that was true, my info would have been very helpful to MSL, not 'making things 10x harder'.  If my info was 'misinformation', then these guys are or are connected to people playing a game with fake audio no serious people with things of value have ever done before, to my knowledge.

I still just don't get this.  MSL is gonna have to clear things up with me/us in 'the know' (i.e. who he/we share/have shared info with)/the fans, etc..

One (respected) forum member says one thing one says another.  It's extraordinary!nerd_smiley.gif

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Rabbit hole, red pill, CIA "mole"... pretty much your whole post is a great example of the point I was trying to make.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

Rabbit hole, red pill, CIA "mole"... pretty much your whole post is a great example of the point I was trying to make.

Basically, my point is that I was sucked into this (but went along quite voluntarily as the info was interesting, etc.), while Incognito dived in head-first!  So did MSL.

Ironically, we all seemed to have at least *sensed* something at the bottom of this hole... it has lots of carrots.:P 19

'There's no smoke without fire!'.

Either way, all I was doing was trying to help people - but I will try not to again after my chat with MSL/the guys....  My way of 'help' was different to what Incog., and MSL have in mind, by the way... but at this point, I just don't really see the point of it all.  While that's for another thread; I am strongly with you on that....  Roll on Rock Band II.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Which makes you a hoarder. James and Neemo may be fine with promoting a hoarder's efforts to selfishly collect on their site, but I think it's a mistake. Saying 'it might come out eventually if more people have it' doesn't change that fact that by not sharing whatever you get you're a hoarder.

I'm not promoting anything...i'm just saying that because bipolar banned someone from cd.com it doesnt mean that we have to ban him here...cd.com is there and gnrevolution is here

maybe we should lock this thread and be done with it...nothing good can come of it imo

*LOCKED*

Board footer