You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

-D- wrote:

Im sorry but after the MSL interview where he talked how they hated Slash and it was after the Slash visit to axl's house, Slash in his book talking about Axl............ those lyrics sound old band inspired to me.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

this monster has really grown on me - the melodies reveal themselves slowly and the guitars just kill - a kind of nightmareish vibe to it

Am starting to think this isnt such a bad choice for 1st single - its sure not your Fathers GNR.. but the second single is probably the one they want to really hit the mainstream with - Prostitute or Blues perhaps( or hopefully something that trumps them both)

if CD is released, there will be enough press and curiosity value to sustain sales for the short-meium term, it will come down to the second single to really solidify it as a GNR style success IMO

-D-

-D- wrote:

First singles are to build hype and introduce people, 2nd single is usually the commercial big dog.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

For those of you who know Saul, this is what he had to say about Shackler.

"Axl + Bucket + Brain + Bumble = Magic."

Let us assume, based on his connections, that Bucket is on this track, albeit in a minor role, it seems.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really don't think Axl would construct a song to attack his own fanbase. He needs all the friends & supporters he can get, and especially after the tirade by Del James that was put up on GNR.com and quickly yanked down.

No way their PR department (Axl) would let a song of all things go out there in the mainstream as an attack on the fans. Sure there are bad fans, but there's also good fans that love the music, love anything GN'R, and support Axl 100%. To turn on his own fans would be no different than eating a bullet. He would alienate his last line of defense.

Then again, that logic didn't stop Lars Ulrich for launching a lawsuit, which he now regrets. And if Shackler is about the fanbase, Axl will regret it too.

This is speaking in theory of course. I personally think it's about the old band.

Sky Dog wrote:

broken relationships.....whether women, men, whores, whatever

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really don't think Axl would construct a song to attack his own fanbase. He needs all the friends & supporters he can get, and especially after the tirade by Del James that was put up on GNR.com and quickly yanked down.

No way their PR department (Axl) would let a song of all things go out there in the mainstream as an attack on the fans. Sure there are bad fans, but there's also good fans that love the music, love anything GN'R, and support Axl 100%. To turn on his own fans would be no different than eating a bullet. He would alienate his last line of defense.

Then again, that logic didn't stop Lars Ulrich for launching a lawsuit, which he now regrets. And if Shackler is about the fanbase, Axl will regret it too.

This is speaking in theory of course. I personally think it's about the old band.

I'm sure its not. There isnt a fan base close to as loyal as the GNR fanbase. No band in the history of the world puts their fans through more bullshit and disappointments. SO if they can't see and appreciate that, Fuck em!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Don't ever try to tell me how much you care for me
Don't ever try to tell me how you were there for me

No one is stopping you from doing what you want to do
No one is stopping you now, stopping you now

I could also be about:

Friends
Lover
Girlfriend

The options are huge.

But yes, if you want the lyrics to be about the fans, then it fits. But all fits if you want it to fit. People see what they want to see.

DCK wrote:

The options are huge.

Exactly - it could be about anything.

There's really no need to speculate at this point... Why not just enjoy it?

At least that's what I'm going to do. I'll leave the rest to the others.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I honestly don't think he wrote these lyrics as something from him to somebody else.

He was writing from somebody else's perspective... probably from the lead role character in Shacklers Revenge (the movie that Bucket was working on)

Board footer