You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: MSL's GnRSource interview transcript

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Has anyone considered the possibility that Sorry was simply a working title for the track?

Where's Baz though? 16

If Sorry was just a working title, and Baz isn't on it, that is good news to me. 

I never knew that Beta's son was the original source of so many leaks.  I wonder if she bitched to him for over 2 hours as well about Slash. 16

Judas*Nitelite
 Rep: 0 

Saikin wrote:

I never knew that Beta's son was the original source of so many leaks.  I wonder if she bitched to him for over 2 hours as well about Slash. 16

And who gave them to him?  Maybe Axl could even be considered the original "leaker."  16

CD has essentially become a series of private recordings made for the amusement of his circle of friends.  And.. "hey, just for shits n' giggles, why don't you sing on a couple?"  Because in 2008, Sebastian Bach isn't exactly most people's first choice for guest vocals on a major mainstream release.  No offense to him and his fans.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i am just tired of hearing his IQ at the beginning of every novel he writes in an attempt to wow us intellectually inferior peasants with his dramtic accounts of his crusade/s consisting only of stealing unreleased gnr songs of little real importance or value. i don't have a problem with what he does and i give thanks for shackler's revenge. i have an IQ of 155 as well and would never boast about the importance of it after stealing a few unreleased songs. there are plenty of people with below average IQ's that have stolen much more important items than unreleased gnr songs.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
war wrote:

i am just tired of hearing his IQ at the beginning of every novel he writes

That actually was a link to his 06 story, but I get your point. I don't mind it, because obviously he was dealing with dumbfucks, so it helped.

war

war wrote:

oh ok - the first thing i saw was his iq and then the legnth of the article and threw up. once is too much but it is forgiveable......if it happens again MSL expect a challenge to meet me on the chess board

i was torn to pieces when i published my story last year and hate posting links to it because it makes me want to throw up as well. all i can say to you is this -- i wrote it the way i wrote it because i wanted to be able to look back one day and re-live the experience. i did not write it to make myself look good and i honestly think it makes me look terrible. the IQ line was important though because that is what honestly crossed my mind that motivated me to do what i did. i was sitting on the couch watching judge judy, doing nothing with my life really, and i said to myself WTF is wrong with you, you have an IQ of 155, DO SOMETHING. the something i chose to do was get songs because that was what i was interested in at the time.

doesn't make me any less of a douche bag, but it was important to me to not sugar coat things just to make myself look better.

war

war wrote:

:wtf:

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

i was torn to pieces when i published my story last year and hate posting links to it because it makes me want to throw up as well. all i can say to you is this -- i wrote it the way i wrote it because i wanted to be able to look back one day and re-live the experience. i did not write it to make myself look good and i honestly think it makes me look terrible. the IQ line was important though because that is what honestly crossed my mind that motivated me to do what i did. i was sitting on the couch watching judge judy, doing nothing with my life really, and i said to myself WTF is wrong with you, you have an IQ of 155, DO SOMETHING. the something i chose to do was get songs because that was what i was interested in at the time.

doesn't make me any less of a douche bag, but it was important to me to not sugar coat things just to make myself look better.

Thanks for commenting on that, MSL.  You can add me to the list of people who were kind of rubbed the wrong way by those IQ comments last year.  But, now that I understand where it was coming from and what you were thinking at the time, you definitely seem less like a douchebag. wink

Actually, reading through this interview, I think you had a lot of good things to say.  I particularly liked your answer about what you'd say to Axl.  I think he really does take the negativity harder than many of us would, and unfortunately it seems to blind him to the praise that he's getting from the rest of us.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

No wonder Axl can't make any progress in life when the person he trusts the most is flipping lunatic.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Thanks for commenting on that, MSL.  You can add me to the list of people who were kind of rubbed the wrong way by those IQ comments last year.  But, now that I understand where it was coming from and what you were thinking at the time, you definitely seem less like a douchebag. wink

Actually, reading through this interview, I think you had a lot of good things to say.  I particularly liked your answer about what you'd say to Axl.  I think he really does take the negativity harder than many of us would, and unfortunately it seems to blind him to the praise that he's getting from the rest of us.

I agree totally.

At first I was a bit worried because I thought leaking SR so close to an offical release of the song is kinda not good business for the band. And as fans of the band which we all are (including MSL) we really shouldn't be doing stuff that could potentially upset the official release.

But now that I realise MSL's master aim was more to end the situation where some fans have a bunch of songs that they keep secret and play alone in their bedrooms, and just basicly to put all the stuff some fans have out there for all the fans....and i agree with that - it's madness that any of this hoarding stuff started at all.

The whole idea of a fan community is to share and talk about the experience of really digging a band with other people who also get it. And its sad that some people have such a need to feel special by being exclusive that they would deprive others of songs that are bound to have been important in their lives.

In the end I hope GNR is able to release finished versions of all this stuff and put an end to this mess.

Board footer