You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: NEW MEMBERS introduce yourself here

Von wrote:

Glad to hear you're not in it to sell out (*cough* Bloody Disgusting). I dig the site and look forward to visiting it in my horror bookmarks. I'm working on a horror-related publication myself right now.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

It'll be cool to see when you get yours up, I always like to see new ones. If it's a review site and you've never put up a site before, shoot me a pm if you want some day-to-day tips that will save you a lot of headaches. The stuff I've learned in the last six months would have been so valuable to me should I have known things back then. Needless to say I'm surprised I've ran into a few horror fans on this forum already, definitely not what I expected.

And, I'm not saying we don't receive a few free DVDs, but there's a difference between reviewing screeners and selling your soul/having a goal that's to be some insider site. There's nothing more I hate than when a reviewer covers a movie they have no interest in because they got it for free or they see something non-horror, but still niche genre coming out and review it on their horror sites because they can get it for nothing.

Mr. Disgusting's recent funny folly to me was when he complained that the vampires in Lost Boys 2 all died differently; he actually used that as a negative in his review. I guess he missed Feldman's speech in both the original and the sequel about how no suckmonkey goes the same way.

Von

Von wrote:

Mr. Disgusting has been basing his reviews on who kisses his ass and who doesn't bother for some time now. Aside from proclaiming everything Platinum Dunes as the second coming, his treatment of Alex Aja should be an indication of that as well. I'd love to contribute to your site sometime. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Been reading the site a bit tonight, and your reviewer Wes must have an alternate cut of Friday the 13th part VIII that I haven't seen. The gore is nonexistent to the point where the film could have literally received a PG rating, and there's zero nudity in the film(that I remember).

Kelly Hu should have been nude at least once. Talk about a missed opportunity. It was early in her career and she probably would have done it.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Been reading the site a bit tonight, and your reviewer Wes must have an alternate cut of Friday the 13th part VIII that I haven't seen. The gore is nonexistent to the point where the film could have literally received a PG rating, and there's zero nudity in the film(that I remember).

Kelly Hu should have been nude at least once. Talk about a missed opportunity. It was early in her career and she probably would have done it.

There's nudity in the part on the ship where the one chick is with the principal. I think there's also a tit pic right in the review. We like to exploit... I mean, showcase the female anatomy as much as possible. big_smile

The gore, I'm sure he gave it a 3/5 for gore... it's sort of the rating we give a movie that doesn't have at least one really out there kill but has more than just a bit of blood here and there. Been a while since I've seen Jason Takes Manhattan, but there's a very comic beheading as well. 4/5 on the Carnage Count are where the real blood shedders lie.

Von

Von wrote:

As I understand it, the MPAA basically had director Rob Hedden's balls in a vice throughout filming. It's a bit of a throw away entry, which is really sad. For all his fandom, Kane Hodder was underused more often than not. Hot babes though.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

horror movies are rad. i'd rather see blood and guts than naked women, though. but that's just me.

hey everyone!

my real name is danelle. i'm 32, live in so cal, long time GN'R fan...married (almost 9 years), no kids yet, too many pets.  i'm a music lover, avid reader, cook, musician, computer geek and just sort of an over-enthusiastic, hyperactive, intense person.

if you're curious or just like to do the myspace thing, http://www.myspace.com/chmprincess13

this is an awesome board. i think i was on mygnr.com and MAYBE on htgth (i forget) but it's been a long time. when i was on there i think i used 'metallikitty.'

d.w.p.
>^-^<

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Welcome to the forum.:mosh:

Great post in that nuclear war thread, but too busy at the moment to give a detailed response.

warriorpriestess

thank you!

lol, i know *busy*. it's the story of 9/10 of my life.

warriorpriestess

ooooh and i almost forgot: m.i.a. is awesome.

i only have her first release so far though.

Board footer