You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: you know what would be awesomebeing played live, i could se

shackler's revenge/chicken dinner being played live, i could see myself orgasming at the very sound. yea it was worth making a thread.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

best title

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Jungle still does it for me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It would sound terrible live. Well maybe not terrible, but it will sound nothing like what we are hearing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it would be interesting to see how much of it could be pulled off live.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

i'd actually love to see them do hair of the dog live.

always liked that song before the guns cover on spaghetti incident - after finding out axl was a nazareth fan , i had a funny feeling i'd eventually hear a gn'r version.

and seriously almost crapped when i saw it had happened.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm wondering if they'll ever be able to pull off T.W.A.T. live. The two performances in 2006 in NYC & Madrid sounded awful.

But then again Estranged was bit rough in the beginning too, until they got the hang of it.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah, I know with the VMA rumor we've kind of been thinking if it would happen they'd play Shackler's Revenge but it could lead to another bad performance. I still think it might sound good but it's pretty risky when they know new songs like Better and The Blues sound good live and are do-able. But they need a rocker and Shackler's is certainly that. I wonder how Axl would do with that, if some of the layers would be reproduced by Pitman's computers or if like Tommy would sing too. Axl alone on it, where he can only sing one line at a time might not sound great.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If GN'R were to perform at all this year at the VMA's, even if it's to promote Rock Band 2, even if it's to promote CD... I think it'll be one song - Shackler.

They've already did the medley thing, and MTV aren't gonna double-bill them, nor give them access to a 10-12 minute performance... just because.

They already did that in 2002.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I always wanted to hear Aint It Fun live.

Board footer