You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

jimmythegent wrote:

a few weeks on and I have to say although I like it, it is not first single material and is not going to have that 'wow' factor that Axl needs to launch this album

Case in point: I had a few buddies around for a few beers over the weekend - 1 casual GNR fan, 1 a pretty dedicated (although old school) fan. Played them the track and both of them thought it sounded disjointed, no obvious melodies and too fragmented. A very mediocre response.

The song grows on you - I know because I didnt like it at first. However, I feel the first single has to be pretty much a universally appealing (appeasing) rocker.  I fear this is OMG all over again.

The reviews/reactions are likely to mirror nesquick (or whatever he calls himself these days) ripping this song a new one over at mygnr

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

buzzsaw wrote:

Complex in structure is completely different than complex in adding so many different instruments and sounds that nobody can tell what the hell is going on in the song.

why are you so miserable?

Captain Winkler

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

This track has not grown on me at all. I am very disappointed actually.

Exact opposite for me. I've grown out of it.:laugh: I could go 10 years without hearing this track again and it wouldn't even phase me a bit. The track has been vaporized from my playlists. The song is catchy, but its forgettable. It has zero staying power. Not even sure whats wrong with it. The lyrics and music are good, but it just runs in place.

I do think this track will chart(if released as a single of course), but it will fade fast.

However, I feel the first single has to be pretty much a universally appealing (appeasing) rocker.  I fear this is OMG all over again.

I don't know if the band can pass such a test because none of the tracks are "universally appealing".

Captain Winkler

if this isn't shackler's revenge why were they vehemently deleting everyone of my threads i made about it on the rockband 2 forums?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There's people who think this isn't Shackler's Revenge??

Its been confirmed as Shackler's Revenge by everyone but Bea Arthur.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Captain Winkler wrote:

if this isn't shackler's revenge why were they vehemently deleting everyone of my threads i made about it on the rockband 2 forums?

Huh, I thought it was pretty much 100% confirmed this track was Shacklers Revenge.

I agree this track does run it's course but then I've listened to it a lot since it leaked. Certainly more than any casual person on the radio may hear it and probably more than anyone who buys it as a single. I think it takes a listen or 2 to 'get it', but then it took a lot of plays before I got bored of it. I think it has potential as a single, although I'm not convinced it's going to be the lead single for the album. I wonder if they might do what Coldplay have done and have one single released as an itunes exclusive (maybe Shacklers) and then have another single with a more traditional release.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Didn't Mysteron said this will be the first single?

Sky Dog wrote:

no....

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I loved this song on the first few listens...now its sounds a little generic...think prefer the last set of leaks and better

Board footer