You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

The NFL made a mistake when it did realignment a few years back. Instead of regional realignment, they just added one more division in each conference and made a few changes. They should have overhauled the playoffs at the time as well, but no one predicted that in the parity era it would get this bad. They really need a structure similar to the NBA where the top 6 teams in each conference make the playoffs. They might consider it when like you said an 8-8 team makes the playoffs while an 11-5 team stays home.

That might happen this year.

At the midway point in the season, I think these teams are pretty much locks for the playoffs:

Pats
Colts
Browns
Titans
Steelers

Packers
Cowboys
Lions
Bucs
Giants

The two west divisions are completely wide open.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

They really need a structure similar to the NBA where the top 6 teams in each conference make the playoffs.

That's a good point. Maybe something like only the 2 best Divisional winners clinch a birth & homefield & bye week (Patriots NE, GB, Dallas). Then everyone else is a free for all, whoever has the best record gets in. Regardless of your division.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that game was intense....but they pats were screwed on both those pass interference calls 4

but now there is new drama, i wish these teams would just shut up and play ball..all these underhanded techniques and shit....just play

Patriots complain about crowd noise
By Jason Cole

Monday, Nov 5, 2007 12:13 pm EST
The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

"We're aware of it and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.

"We're aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it," Aiello said.

Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra Kraft, left the Patriots locker room after the game.

Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

In addition, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the RCA Dome.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

This is the latest in a string of incidents between the teams that have fueled the growing Colts-Pats rivalry. In the past, Colts General Manager Bill Polian has vehemently argued that the Patriots have bent the rules in terms of use of replay challenges and the pass interference rule.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I re-listened to the audio of the incident where it is being said that they were piping in noise, and it is clear as day they were. The track they were playing literally kinda skips, then goes off and gets real quiet. This is a major no-no. If the Colts were doing this, then they need to be dealt with like the Pats were this year.

Good game though. There is no question that those two teams are head and shoulders above the other 30 teams.

The Giants have the Cowboys this week. I am already psyched, dont know if I will be able to get any work done this week! wink

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I hate the Pats. There is just a level of arrogance that I can feel even when Tom Brady tries his best to be humble. I still think the Colts will be farther along than the Pats in the playoffs.

Fuckin' Farve has another great game. He gets better with age. What a start for the Packers this year. He's got a group of young talent behind him and he seems to lead them very very well. And the cannon of an arm is still in tact and that helps.

Oh hell yeah NYGiants..  I'm stoked as well. This is the game that will tell us if the Giants are putting up or shuttin up this year. We are playing like a well oiled unit and I hope that continues and we shut down Romo and T.O.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

I hate the Pats. There is just a level of arrogance that I can feel even when Tom Brady tries his best to be humble. I still think the Colts will be farther along than the Pats in the playoffs.

Fuckin' Farve has another great game. He gets better with age. What a start for the Packers this year. He's got a group of young talent behind him and he seems to lead them very very well. And the cannon of an arm is still in tact and that helps.

Oh hell yeah NYGiants..  I'm stoked as well. This is the game that will tell us if the Giants are putting up or shuttin up this year. We are playing like a well oiled unit and I hope that continues and we shut down Romo and T.O.

I'm feeling it. I think it will be a close game, but I also think Dallas isnt putting 45 up again like they did in Week 1. This is a defense that will want revenge. And Giants Stadium will be rocking.

Oh man, that pass in the 4th quarter that Favre laid perfectly to Jennings was a thing of beauty. Absolutely beautiful.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I watched the Bills/Bengals game....my tickets never materialized....and hot damn what a shame cuz it was a great game... 17

bills are on fire...and on the other hand...damn the bengals need to rebuild and Chad Johnson took a massive hit...i dunno if he is ok or not...the wheeled him off on a stretcher and i never managed to hear how he was

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

As for playing fake noise, that's always bothered me. The Saints used to do that every damn game. Domes are for pussies anyway.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

As for playing fake noise, that's always bothered me. The Saints used to do that every damn game. Domes are for pussies anyway.

Give me open stadiums, rain, snow, any day. I love games played in snow!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Give me open stadiums, rain, snow, any day. I love games played in snow!

Absolutely. I don't play video games anymore but when I did play football I would sometimes choose to play in the snow.. And take a good running team 16

Board footer