You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Would the Beatles have sounded the same if they'd never taken drugs?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i disagree with the whole drugs + music arguement. Like sure..the exact words of the beatles songs required the use of drugs to come up with a yellow sub or whaever..but the point is these people are artists and write about what is in their lives.

When GNR did drugs they write about drugs. when Axl lost steph he writes about that. IF there were no drugs the songs would be about other stuff but they wouldn't be less creative IMHO.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Of course they wouldn't have sounded the same if they didn't do drugs.  Do you think anyone who was clean and sober would let Ringo sing and write?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. These guys have no clue what they are talking about.

I can listen to Floyd, and it still be an absolute trip, and be totally sober/clean.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I HATE it when people say you need to take drugs to listen to Pink Floyd. That has never, ever been the case with me.

I agree, but drugs do enhance the music experience.

Go snort an eight ball of meth and listen to Seasons in the Abyss. Its like being touched by God. 16

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I HATE it when people say you need to take drugs to listen to Pink Floyd. That has never, ever been the case with me.

I agree, but drugs do enhance the music experience.

Go snort an eight ball of meth and listen to Seasons in the Abyss. Its like being touched by God. 16

Ha ha, Seasons was the soundrack to my first acid trip, together with Aenima by Tool - and that was certainly like being touched by God. Listening to Welcome to the Jungle on purple microdots though in a crowded pub was like being molested by the Devil though - really not pleasant, but I guess that was the surroundings. more than the music....

Drugs certainly enhance the music experience, especially the music that was made by people on drugs in the first place. Its certainly not as excitng listening to the White Album without a big fat joint or something. But I suppose the Manson Family probably should have listened to that one with a cup of green tea.

Board footer