You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Stinson bailed? NME rumor.

war wrote:

axl is not gonna forget about all of the hard work he has put into this album and either not release it or throw it out the window with no promo as an "unwanted democracy".

if there is a reunion before a cd tour it will be for money, and knowing the news alone will promote the cd.  i don't think the original members will want to play cd songs so that may or may not prevent it from happening.

if a reunion is possible in the next year i see it going like this:

announce reunion
release cd
tour the world (without playing news songs)

if they could get slash on the cd before this happens then we could have our cake and eat it too but i doubt that will happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering the fact that the NEW BAND, typically only plays 4 new songs during a show...

There's not a chance in hell they'd play new songs during a reunion show, unless it was totally fresh material being worked for a fourth album.

Considering the fact that all Axl plays is the old catalog, there's not much doubt that a reunion show would be nothing but classic GN'R songs. Hopefully some more ILLUSION material will re-emerge.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Considering the fact that the NEW BAND, typically only plays 4 new songs during a show...

There's not a chance in hell they'd play new songs during a reunion show, unless it was totally fresh material being worked for a fourth album.

Considering the fact that all Axl plays is the old catalog, there's not much doubt that a reunion show would be nothing but classic GN'R songs. Hopefully some more ILLUSION material will re-emerge.

I'd just like to step in and make a point that I'm sure James or Neemo would be happy to agree with me on. How many bands do you see play more than 3-4 songs from an album that isn't out yet? none. the reason is because people would hear a new song, and judge it from a live performance. You think a record company would want that to happen? no. Just please keep that in mind. People assume that because they've only played 3-4 new songs during a show that they wouldn't play more.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'd just like to step in and make a point that I'm sure James or Neemo would be happy to agree with me on. How many bands do you see play more than 3-4 songs from an album that isn't out yet? none. the reason is because people would hear a new song, and judge it from a live performance. You think a record company would want that to happen? no. Just please keep that in mind. People assume that because they've only played 3-4 new songs during a show that they wouldn't play more.

I saw a certain band in May of '91.  That band had two albums that weren't coming out until September.  That band played 15 songs that night, 9 of those 15 were off of those two forthcoming albums.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Bands play new material all the time. What bands DONT do is label a tour after an up coming album that never really comes up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I saw a certain band in May of '91.  That band had two albums that weren't coming out until September.  That band played 15 songs that night, 9 of those 15 were off of those two forthcoming albums.

that was when they were current and hot

today we live in a world of nostalgia, even on the most CD promotional sho ever we would still at least get these tracks:

wttj, scom, pc, kohd, nr, ycbm, patience, NT, Brownstone, LALD

thats 10 and its not cuz axl doesnt have faith in the new material...its cuz those are the biggest hits and people wanna hear them...i couldnt even imagine goign to a gnr show and not hearing those songs...and most nostalgia bands are like that...they play their hits and sprinkle new songs in....and yeah its a 180 degree turn from my '06 line of thinking 16 18

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The ONLY essential GN'R songs to any GN'R show at this time is Jungle, City, Child, Patience, Rain, and YCBM.

That's 6. Those are the main songs for the casual audience. Only the hardcore AFD-ites sit back and want to hear that entire album, LALD & KOHD are covers and therefore disposable, they've went without Don't Cry before, and Estranged & Civil War hasn't been played since '93.

If you've got a 20-song set, and 14 songs are CD songs - THAT'S THE CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR. Not "Guns N' Roses Are Back, but not really just Axl & Dizzy World Tour Part II 2006-07".

I understand that you can't shove CD down the throats of your paying customers, especially if it has mixed reactions, but still... at least half of the concert should be CD songs, even if just out respect for the old band and their legacy, which some days, even as an Axl fan, I think HE thinks is all because of him.

Guns will always play the classics,no matter what because that's what most people want to hear,it doesn't matter if they have a new album out,sure they'd probably play some new songs,but they will always play the classics.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The ONLY essential GN'R songs to any GN'R show at this time is Jungle, City, Child, Patience, Rain, and YCBM.

That's 6. Those are the main songs for the casual audience. Only the hardcore AFD-ites sit back and want to hear that entire album, LALD & KOHD are covers and therefore disposable, they've went without Don't Cry before, and Estranged & Civil War hasn't been played since '93.

If you've got a 20-song set, and 14 songs are CD songs - THAT'S THE CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR. Not "Guns N' Roses Are Back, but not really just Axl & Dizzy World Tour Part II 2006-07".

I understand that you can't shove CD down the throats of your paying customers, especially if it has mixed reactions, but still... at least half of the concert should be CD songs, even if just out respect for the old band and their legacy, which some days, even as an Axl fan, I think HE thinks is all because of him.

You would think that Axl would play mostly new material. I mean NIN plays mostly new songs and you know the man crush that Axl has for Trent Reznor...

Board footer