You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Who's still listening to the leaks & SR?

mickronson wrote:

Listen to all but Maddy and Blues (never really dug em..specially maddy, its a poor mans civil war)..  Sticking on TWAT/Better after a shitty week at work with a few cans or glasses of whiskey hits the spot nicely..

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

madagascar is not a poor man's civil war - they are apples and oranges
i don't listen to shackler's revenge anymore, but i still listen to other leaks

Sky Dog wrote:

Shackler's sticks out like a sore thumb against the 9 other polished leaks. I really hope it doesn't end up on the album...as it still is not too late to tweak the tracklist if necessary.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

The only song that sounds any good to me is CITR. All the other songs feel like a bunch of random ideas shoved together....

On a good day they sound good
On a bad day they sound cheesy and forgettable

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
madagas wrote:

Shackler's sticks out like a sore thumb against the 9 other polished leaks. I really hope it doesn't end up on the album...as it still is not too late to tweak the tracklist if necessary.

I completely agree. It would be fine as a b-side but it doesn't fit in with the tracks that we have. Makes me wonder what the other tracks we haven't heard are like.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think - more like Shackler.

What I mean is, I think alot of our 'rockers' are gonna be just like Shackler, Oh My God, Riyadh, CD... industrial-tinged rockers, some of which are heavier on the industrial end. Our ballads will be more like classic-GN'R. Songs like If The World, TWAT, The Blues, and even Madagascar (minus the hip hop drums) sounds like straight off Illusion II.

Only Better, Catcher, Song #2 seems to all be stand-alone songs with their own thing, Better being a modern rocker, Song #2 seemingly Moby-influenced, and Catcher beng Queen-influenced.

Of the rockers IRS seems the only throwback GN'R rocker, that doesn't have that NIN thing going on, and seems to be more in the family with Breakdown & Locomotive.

But after I heard Shackler, I don't think a finished Oh My God or Silkworms are dead AT ALL. I think finished versions are sitting in a studio just waiting to be dusted off for a future album or some kind of special release.

I think the music, ALL of the studio work (3-4 albums worth) will probably be 40% industrial rockers, 40% November Rain/Estranged-like ballads, 20% 'other'.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the way i look at it

if what they say that a reunion almost happned in '06 is true
then a reunion in the near future is very possible, especially now with azoff as the manager

if a reunion is to happen after release of cd then ya gotta consider the possibility that this release, in whatever form it comes, will be the last release from axl's new gnr project

since we can assume that azoff and universal have atleast considered a release/reunion they would consider this being the last release

so one step further, if a release/reunion is in the works and we will only get one new gnr release ya gotta assume it will either be a multi disc or a single disc with only the best songs available

if it is true that azoff wanted the deal with wal mart but axl wouldn't switch a few songs with swear words around then obviously the multi disc deal is not likley

so i say, despite what has officially been reported, don't be surprised if shackler's is not on the album, along with any other subpar leaks that got less than glowing reviews from the people that heard them on youtube and fan forums, etc.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

After all of this time (and numerous plays) I still like the harder rockers like Rhiad and CD. I know I'm the minority but I also like I.R.S. The Bucket solo is awesome. Other than these, T.W.A.T. and Shackler, I give the others a listen a few times a month.

ITW has gotten a few extra listens since the "Body of Lies" thing. It's grown on me a little but, still not my cup of tea.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

the way i look at it

if what they say that a reunion almost happned in '06 is true
then a reunion in the near future is very possible, especially now with azoff as the manager

if a reunion is to happen after release of cd then ya gotta consider the possibility that this release, in whatever form it comes, will be the last release from axl's new gnr project

since we can assume that azoff and universal have atleast considered a release/reunion they would consider this being the last release

so one step further, if a release/reunion is in the works and we will only get one new gnr release ya gotta assume it will either be a multi disc or a single disc with only the best songs available

if it is true that azoff wanted the deal with wal mart but axl wouldn't switch a few songs with swear words around then obviously the multi disc deal is not likley

so i say, despite what has officially been reported, don't be surprised if shackler's is not on the album, along with any other subpar leaks that got less than glowing reviews from the people that heard them on youtube and fan forums, etc.

Interesting take. I don't think a multi-disc or multi-album is out of the way, because if that we're the case, it would just lead more in favor with Best Buy. If they were considering some sort of box set, most likely the entire set with get a Parental Advisory, because Axl would probably have at least an album's worth out of the set of offensive lyric songs.

The idea of taking the best of the best of the best, releasing it as a single disc, just to get the elephant off his back, and then go reunion would make good sense also. Imo, the new band as a live act seems deader than hell at this point, and it isn't like former members are busy right now.

CD could be released as a single disc, loaded with Axl's epics, be called another bloated release from Mr. Rose, but probably considered a masterpiece by some down the road.

The old band could rework the more 'classic GNR' material that got cut, and all the rest of the new band stuff would be abandoned and probably released later on as some sorty of cutting room floor box set.

It would also tie into russ's theory of Shackler & If The World being burn off's, that might not even be on the album.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

As much as I would LOVE to see a reunion, I hope it doesn't happen until all the tracks that are worthy of being released are released. In my opinion I think they should release 2 discs of finished songs, then if the other stuff isn't finished get it finished or at least close (spending no more then 6 months on it) and release a B-sides type album, like Smashing Pumpkins did.

(Sorry for all the recent SP comparisons but this sounds like a good idea to me)

Board footer