You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

private eye: sorry, i wont post in this thread any more.

You can post in the thread all you wish, I just didn't want to see the thread head down the route it was going.

A Private Eye wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

private eye: sorry, i wont post in this thread any more.

You can post in the thread all you wish, I just didn't want to see the thread head down the route it was going.

i dont either, but i was jus posting my opinion and then some guy with 8 posts tells me i dont belong here and writes some 8 paragraph essay that wasn't even worth reading or had anything to do wtih the topic.  anyone who knows me by now knows i'm not really interested in slash/vr, shouldnt' be a big deal.   then troll boy (who i thought had his karma abilities disabled??) up to his usual bullshit.   

I am saying right now you wont see me go into the VR section and bash those guys.. but if this topic is going to be in this section I'm gonna say what is on my mind about the topic, and just because its not what some slash fans want to hear I shouldnt' be given shit about it like I was.   I'm not going into the VR section to tell everyone how great Axl is and go off on stupid tangents like intercourse here. 

And bba should not be posting in this section, IMO.  He doesn't like the band, he openly admits that.  He never has anything positive to say.  He has no interest in it.   he is only doing it to be a tool.  he only cares about the original lineup, and there is a section to talk about them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Yeah really. I posted this somewhere on the last page but it got lost in all the bullshit:

"As far as Axl's behavior goes, I've always felt the same way: he only gets away with what people let him.

If the band was so bothered by him they could've fired him. If the management thought he was such a pain, they could've dumped him (same for the label). At the end of the day, these type of artists are allowed to do these things because they're essentially everyone else's meal ticket."

I tried to ignore it the first time, but since you posted it again, I'll comment.

I don't think the band saw Axl as their meal ticket.  They definately recognized his talent and that he could help them reach the next level (Marc Canter's book sheds some light on this), but I don't think any of them looked at Axl as the savior and that they'd be lost without him. 

Hindsight says they were correct too.  They've all accomplished more than he has since the band fell apart.  He might have had the voice to carry them, but they had the music and the style to support him and kept him from imploding for the most part.  As much talk as I hear about Axl being all focused and driven, the past 15 years say otherwise.  I know there are other factors, but the fact that he hasn't released an album since TSI and none without the other guys says a lot.  Axl was great, but he was hardly alone in making the band what it was.

When I reposted it, I almost re-worded it because I didn't say it quite correctly. I didn't mean to say that Axl was the whole show or anything like that. I just meant to imply that anyone in the business who complains about this type of behavior always has an out: just quit or fire the guy causing the problem. But know one does... because they need that person.

Axl was the center of it all..   I wouldn't say meal ticket, but he was the main course.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

When I reposted it, I almost re-worded it because I didn't say it quite correctly. I didn't mean to say that Axl was the whole show or anything like that. I just meant to imply that anyone in the business who complains about this type of behavior always has an out: just quit or fire the guy causing the problem. But know one does... because they need that person.

That I'll agree with.  You put up with a lot of shit from people that are productive for you that you wouldn't take from someone who didn't have a lot to offer.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Jimmy,
You made a sweeping statement about Slash in a Slash thread and I countered you (as is my right).
You've gone into the insults and name calling but said nothing which proves to me you've no real argument behind all the gas.

Getting your panties in a bunch because GNR fans here have the gall to question Axl's version of events in old GNR is tired. See it's ok to do that here, there is no management filter.

That may suck for you but, you know what? It makes for more interesting discussions.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i am not sure why everyone is on jimmy's case. he's in the gnr section (not vr's) and he's stating a relevant opinion based on the topic. and one i tend to agree with - slash has lied in the past about going to axl's house and has said many times how little he remembers of his hay days in gnr yet now he has written a detailed book about these years in gnr. nobody is siding with axl - we're just stating that we do not consider this reliable info, worthy of forming more theories and speculations about axl or gnr behind the scenes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, I really don't see the reason to jump on JB. His opinion may be different than the majority expressed in this thread, but it is still valid. While I certainly do not agree that Slash is a liar, I can understand(somewhat) why somebody would think that, especially after the whole Axl-Slash-Beta fiasco in 06.

Here's my opinion on the so called "lying": So much bullshit went on during that era and so much time has passed, I don't think any of them(including Axl) knows what really happened anymore. Axl flip flops just as much as Slash does. In Axl interviews over the years, he went from saying he had no interest in making an AFD style record, then years later said he wanted to but Slash leaving prevented it. Which is it? It cant be both. he also says he had no interest in Snakepit, but then says he did. Which is it?

I don't think he was intentionally "lying". The breakup of the old band and the public silence afterwards was so chaotic that no clear cut reason or excuse could ever be pulled out of the mess. Its sort of like a "Who's on 1st?" scenario---does it even matter anymore?

We are just getting one side of the story. I would rather get one side than no side. GNR was an anomaly. It was as close to Beatlemania as the world will ever get again, and people have always wondered how something so amazing imploded in the manner that it did.

Also, as far as the comments about JB belonging at HTGTH, I disagree. Just because he posts there and is a hardcore current era supporter does not mean he isn't welcomed here. Our community has always been open to all sides of the debate, and I think the fact we had a majority of "realists" might have clouded that. He will always be welcomed here, and so will other fans that have a similar outlook.

Besides, having several sides to the debate makes things much more interesting.

Intercourse wrote:

Jimmy,
You made a sweeping statement about Slash in a Slash thread and I countered you (as is my right).
You've gone into the insults and name calling but said nothing which proves to me you've no real argument behind all the gas.

Getting your panties in a bunch because GNR fans here have the gall to question Axl's version of events in old GNR is tired. See it's ok to do that here, there is no management filter.

That may suck for you but, you know what? It makes for more interesting discussions.

next time save your breath.  i'm not gonna read your essays on why i need to love slash.

Board footer