You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Baz: VR or Axl?

Saikin wrote:

I had forgot Baz auditioned for The Project (which later became VR).  But as far as we know, Baz did this before he tried to hook up with Axl.

So was Axl a back up plan?  Another way to get back at the boys from VR?  Which do you think Baz would have been happier with, Slash, Duff and Matt, or having Axl guest on his album? 

I just find this very interesting that after Slash turns him down, he goes to Axl a little down the road, and THEN starts saying so many negative things about VR while praising Axl. 

I think he did it as a backup.  I feel he really wanted to be with the guys formerly of GNR, to catch some of their glory, realizing that anything those guys do, they would be considered a supergroup.  Now he's got Axl supporting his solo album, and he is now apparently on an album that still hasn't seen the light of day.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

either way, he's making better music than VR, so it worked out in the end.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

either way, he's making better music than VR,

That's funny.  14

Baz is just pissed off that they left his irrelevant ass in the 80's.

I think a more appropriate title for Baz's new album would probably be 'Let Down'.

bba

blah

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

No.

However, bba, i wouldn't go as far as to say it was a let down.  This is Baz, we knew it wouldn't be groundbreaking and spectacular.  He gave us a rock album, that's what i expected.

Saikin wrote:

No.

However, bba, i wouldn't go as far as to say it was a let down.  This is Baz, we knew it wouldn't be groundbreaking and spectacular.  He gave us a rock album, that's what i expected.

opinions are like assholes.  i'm enjoying these leaked tracks from Baz more than I've ever enjoyed any vr music.

and its way to early to write this album off as a let down considering we haven't even heard half of it yet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While my interest in this album is pretty low, I agree that it cant be written off as a turd until the whole thing leaks or is released. If you judged Slave to the Grind on Monkey Business, Psycho Love, and Get the Fuck Out, you would be missing out on Wasted Time, In a Darkened Room,etc.

As far as Axl-Baz, I agree with Russ that he pretty much stumbled into it. The two hadn't been around each other in years.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

bach tried out for vocals in vr, yes. he did not try out for vocals in gnr. unrelated so far. he then, as mentioned, stumbled into the gnr world after axl contacted him by text. definitely not a plan b or a plan of any kind. he then opened for gnr. still no parallel of any kind to trying out for vr. then he exchanged guest spots on albums with axl with, again, having nothing to do with trying out and being rejected by vr. he may be bitter about losing the job to scott weiland, ofcourse, but axl and baz's relationship has nothing to do with it other than the fact that axl probably never would have contacted him if he was in vr and, henceforth, baz would have never opened and or traded guest spots on albums with axl.

Board footer