You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its just an album. Its no different than Kala, Death Magnetic, Doll Domination, The Slip,etc. The world isn't going to crack in half by its release, and I think its smart by management to lower expectations into the world of reality.

I agree 100% except what I feel is that the current situation is LESS than those bands. When NIN puts an album out, the offical site says so. Metallica's web pressence is massive etc. Presale of special release versions with extra features.  AC/DC let you pre-order black ice on their site from 2 months prior.

But even asside from those kinda fan interaction things that we know GNR isn't fond of....I'm just talking basic promotion...not like a star wars event type thing...but the sort of promo that a major (even if only historical) brand name like GNR gets while on a major record label. You couldn't walk into a music shop anywhere in Melbourne without knowing Death Magnetic was comming...hell...there's still posters up around the subway walls and stuff. And the forthcomming AC/DC album is also getting media attention...articles about the bands return and so forth - even though they've been retired for 8 years.

Unless i've missed something, there is NOTHING yet from a legitimate source saying this is happening. In contrast to the other normal releases you've mentioned...GNR has not achnowledged it's anything but a rumour...and where can you go to place a pre-order guarenteed to be filled on the exact date? Have best buy themselves said this is happening?

I don't mean to be negative. It's clear from the leaks and so forth that something is on the verge of happening, and all the rumours. I'm just saying...until there is some kind of legitimate statment from either the band, management, or best-buy or all other music shops or whatever...then any date we have is nothing more than speculation sadly and could all go down the toilet just like it did in other years.

Just saying its what? 43 days till we should be able to walk into a best buy and grab one off the shelf...it would be normal for someone to say that it is true and not made up within what? 25 days of it happening at least? So the clock is ticking is all i mean smile

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

if it were just a rumor, GNR would have been quick to shoot it down, there is no way in hell they would have let it escalate like this, Axl could not possibly risk angering the fans on such a monumental scale by letting this rumor get out of hand the way it has, especially if only to say the album is not coming. that for me is the biggest confirmation, axl's silence. if it were just a rumor he would have told us so.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Sad to see Axlin08 completely lose it before CD finally comes out.

No he hasn't.  I disagree with you and madagas.  Can you give me reasonable doubt that Nu GNR ain't dead?  Seriously.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

No he hasn't.  I disagree with you and madagas.  Can you give me reasonable doubt that Nu GNR ain't dead?  Seriously.

That's sort of a loaded question. Its not "dead" simply because an album is about to come about. Its "dead" in the sense that the chances of them doing anything as an actual band are pretty slim. Someone can jump in at any moment and say the band is about to take over the world and announce a monster world tour, but the "facts on the ground" indicate otherwise.

if it were just a rumor, GNR would have been quick to shoot it down, there is no way in hell they would have let it escalate like this, Axl could not possibly risk angering the fans on such a monumental scale by letting this rumor get out of hand the way it has, especially if only to say the album is not coming. that for me is the biggest confirmation, axl's silence. if it were just a rumor he would have told us so.

I agree. We're past the point of no return. If for some reason the album does not come out this year, most hardcore fans are going to wash their hands of all this. The media as well.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

That's sort of a loaded question. Its not "dead" simply because an album is about to come about. Its "dead" in the sense that the chances of them doing anything as an actual band are pretty slim. Someone can jump in at any moment and say the band is about to take over the world and announce a monster world tour, but the "facts on the ground" indicate otherwise.

I agree. We're past the point of no return. If for some reason the album does not come out this year, most hardcore fans are going to wash their hands of all this. The media as well.

But you still couldn't come up with proof that it ain't dead cause all the arguments you came up with you shot them down immediately.  One could say it ain't dead in a wishful thinking way but if you look at things logically you can't deny Nu GNR is dead.  Finck is gone no matter what you can say.  Dick is on tour with Rihanna and while he is irrelevant, Axl needed him for the tours and I'm pretty sure Dick had to sign contracts with Rihanna and that he can't just qui just like that.  Tommy seems to be busy with that Westerberg dude (Sorry ain't a Mats expert).  While he could easily give that up and go back to Axl, the real question is does he really wanna do that?  The mats were Tommy's band and he seems to be enjoying his time with that Westerberg dude.  Ron seems like he would return in a heartbeat, so does Izzy, Pitman and probably Franck.  So that means Axl would need to find 2 new guitarists and a bass player.  And Bucket ain't coming back unless we are in for the surprise of the century in the world of GNR.  So that makes Nu GNR dead.  Now we'll have to look at a Newer GNR which is starting to sound pretty pathetic.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Of course I can't prove that the band is or isn't dead. Can you prove to me that Elastica is dead even though on the surface it should be easy since they broke up years ago? No you cant. For all we know, Justine Frischmann is in her home studio putting the finishing touches on the next Elastica album.

Its a bit premature to declare new GNR dead when we are on the verge of getting the album we've waited over a decade for. That would be like me declaring M.I.A. dead while headed to Frisco for a show or the record store for an album.

Signs are pointing to Chinese Democracy being a pretty low key affair, but labeling it "dead" is a bit drastic.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i'm in the same line of thinking as monkeychow. all we have so far is just tittle - tattle coming from reputable sources, which in the past have turned to you know what. the two songs being released to me are not that reassuring.
no band stays this quite if they were going to release an album in 5 weeks time. if best buy deal is true that's just for the usa market, how are they gonna sell/promote this album to the rest of the world?
regarding the argument that why they're are not shooting down the 23rd of nov release rumour if it wasnt true... well in 2006 axl told us that the album was not coming out only 4 days before the year end. axl can always tell us how he knew nothing about all of this happening. 16

sory folks for being negative specially to those who seem optimistic but i'm quite  the skeptic when it comes to this band releasing music.

Sky Dog wrote:

2 songs in less than a month after a 9 year silence of officially released music is semi reassuring to me. Coupled with the FACT (we have actual audio proof) that their fucking manager played three tracks at the Best Buy convention, coupled with the FACT that Gnr was on a Universal release list for the FIRST time...makes me slightly optimistic on a release this year.

As for what they will do after, who the fuck knows because there is no band at all. No one is under contract at this point-not Robin, Tommy, Slash, Duff no one. However, that doesn't mean there automatically will be a reunion. I believe there is just as much chance or a higher chance of us getting some form of new Gnr tour before a reunion.  But, I know nothing like the rest of you veiled Reunionists (just admit it-come out and say it-you want a reunion and in the end don't even really care about Chinese Democracy). If you guys question an album release after all these sources and information, how in God's name could you believe in a reunion in which no band member or outside source has REMOTELY alluded to...NOBODY. Fan made up bullshit doesn't count. Azoff being manager doesn't count as he hasn't said shit about a reunion. What a joke.

PS...I just created the first political party among the divided Gnr fan base..."Reunionists".:haha:  What shall we call the new band hard cores? I personally will say I am Independent.:peace:

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

thought this was interesting http://blogs.triplem.com.au/triplem/arc … bum_c.html

sounds like us aussies will be the first to get the albulm on 22 nov fingers crossed. smile

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

2 songs in less than a month after a 9 year silence of officially released music is semi reassuring to me. Coupled with the FACT (we have actual audio proof) that their fucking manager played three tracks at the Best Buy convention, coupled with the FACT that Gnr was on a Universal release list for the FIRST time...makes me slightly optimistic on a release this year.

As for what they will do after, who the fuck knows because there is no band at all. No one is under contract at this point-not Robin, Tommy, Slash, Duff no one. However, that doesn't mean there automatically will be a reunion. I believe there is just as much chance or a higher chance of us getting some form of new Gnr reunion.  But, I know nothing like the rest of you veiled reunionists (just admit it-come out and say it-you want a reunion and in the end don't even really care about Chinese Democracy). If you guys question an album release after all these sources and information, how in God's name could you believe in a reunion in which no band member or outside source has REMOTELY alluded to...NOBODY. Fan made up bullshit doesn't count. Azoff being manager doesn't count as he hasn't said shit about a reunion. What a joke. There are no facts in the Gnr world except there is a song in a movie and a song on a damn video game.

We won't get a reunion of the original band this year or at least I'd be surprised since CD looks to be on it's way.  But we won't get the GNR we got in the 06 tour either or atleast I'd be surprised we do. If Axl and Azoff and Gould are smart GNR will now be promoted as a NIN type of band.  I just wished or hope Stinson comes back.  Would've been great to have Bucket back but can't have it all.  So in that sense Nu GNR is dead cause we won't think of this as a band like some did.  Unless they will still try to sell this as a band.  If so it'll be pathetic since a lot of those responsible for the music on CD are gone includng Finck and possibly Tommy.

Board footer