You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: My appologies to Axl and all the believers.

gnfnraxl wrote:

All right I'm a big cat and I can admit when I am wrong.  And I did not believe CD will come out in 08 much less on Nov 23rd.  So I have to offer Axl my appologies for making fun of him, also to Azoff for doubting him and thinking that sadly even he couldn't pull it off.  I was wrong.  And I appologize to all the Axl believers.  For once you were right and I was wrong.  Now we'll all be enjoying CD or will it be CD 1, 2 and 3?  Can't wait for Nov 23rd and yes I will buy it cause I changed my opinion on the skwerl thing a few weeks ago.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think you have to apologize for anything.  Axl won't be apologizing for anything he said that turned out to be inaccurate, so I would just call it even (if it actually comes out).

gnfnraxl wrote:

All right I'm a big cat and I can admit when I am wrong.  And I did not believe CD will come out in 08 much less on Nov 23rd.  So I have to offer Axl my appologies for making fun of him, also to Azoff for doubting him and thinking that sadly even he couldn't pull it off.  I was wrong.  And I appologize to all the Axl believers.  For once you were right and I was wrong.  Now we'll all be enjoying CD or will it be CD 1, 2 and 3?  Can't wait for Nov 23rd and yes I will buy it cause I changed my opinion on the skwerl thing a few weeks ago.

Don't apologize to Axl or anyone until November 23rd comes around and you actually have Chinese Democracy in your hands.  Seriously I've been burned so many times by phony release dates for this album I won't believe it's out until I see it in a Best Buy store. 

Honestly I am cautiously optimistic the wait is nearly over.  However I haven't marked my day minder "Nov 23rd: GnR album release" because I'm scared I will jinx it!  I remember in 2006 counting down the last 11 Tuesdays in the year only to feel like a jackass when the album didn't drop. 

Like has been said on other posts, I'd feel 100% better if Axl or management would post an announcement on the official site confirming the Best Buy deal and the 11/23 release date.   I think basically this wall of silence from Axl is one last "FU" to all his fans regarding this "15 years in the making" record.  As in, I'll give you the album, but I'm not announcing jack shit.  And I'm only putting it out if I'm guaranteed 3 million albums sold on day one at Best Buy. 

At this point, I don't care what Axl does.  He can continue to say nothing to the press or the fans.  As long as CD is released.  So GnR fans can move on with our lives.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Don't count your chickens before they are hatchted.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Don't count your chickens before they are hatchted.

I don't know.  Like James always says.  The train has left the station and I don't think this train can be stopped this time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There's no need to appologize.  I think even the staunchest of supporters and believers at one time or another lost a little faith along the way.  It's only natural after such a long time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If its in the Best Buy system(it is), that means copies are being pressed as we speak, or are already sitting in some warehouse. Its coming out one way or the other.

On topic, I wouldn't apologize for any remarks made over the years. Other than the album coming out, the realists were right on basically every aspect of this saga. The realist/nutswinger ratio tilted massively in favor of the realists side over the past couple years, and they themselves started saying what the realists said for years.

It isn't that the realists "lost faith", its just that they never bought what was being sold and were very vocal about it.

The fanbase seems to have mostly merged into a middle ground, but those here who have surfed/posted at these sites for years knows what I'm talking about.

Sky Dog wrote:

all signs pont to a release.......but, I definitely still have my doubts. The good thing is that I really don't expect a "Masterpiece" because I have too many demos that I now think will be on it. I like the tunes, and I like the ideas. However, the production and musical execution of those ideas I do question. The Best Buy leaks showed me they will be better, but I will need all the songs, sequenced in the artists tracklist, before I can determine the overall worth of the album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl shall never forsake me.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

apology accepted, just don't let it happen again

Board footer