You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts on Best Buy.com

Axl S wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I'd keep an eye at http://www.gunsnroses.com today if I were you.

Nothing sad

All people seewhen they go there now is this fantastic and not in anyway suggestible and mockable image:
082808_axl_piano_large.jpg

And the thing about the band reacting to the arrest of some guy.

That aside, until I hear about some of this stuff from the horses mouth it could still all be pulled at the last second and vanish. Doubt it but could.

I'm most curious to find out about this whole different covers business though. It's got to be something else aside from different covers.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Tommie wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Limited Edition of AFD?  No chance that's the mythical re-recorded version, right?

Thats been in their systems for atleast a month now.  I stopped out awhile ago asking about CD, at the time the guy only had that in there.  According to him, its just a rerelease of the classic AFD.

Then why is it $23 fuckin' dollars for a CD? And that's listed as a CD, not the vinyl which has been known about.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Isn't it the "banned" cover? That hasn't been released here since back then if memory serves me correctly.

I wont be buying it. Last thing in the world I'm buying in the near future is AFD.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll buy it if it's the re-record, or got a re-recorded version. Other than that...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What would be really nice for us loyalists, is if it's a $23 double-disc, that has a new remastered version of old AFD (updated the actual audio, boasting more stereo stuff, the old is kind of flat), and the other disc being the re-record.

That way you kill two birds with one stone. You get remastered AFD, and rearranged AFD.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

A Re-record of AFD is a serious fkin bad idea, it aint broke dont try to fix it, then break it anyway.  Im not into remixes 99% of the time (i do like some tho) but not an AFD remix not noway in hell.. I guess the only people who would really really want this are the kids who dont respect or know who the originals are.. its a bad idea period... he`s had 14 yrs to give new music and re-recording that is just a "fuck you" to the rest of em

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah... I think it's great. If you're gonna kick their ass, you might as well get one last swift kick in those ribs when they're down.

G n' F'n' R's 2008!

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

buying a re-record would be like me being a punk only fan buying TSI.
It just wouldnt happen
Only fans of the originals buy/listen to covers, mostly.  I never got to listen to all the originals myself.. now i have.
I like to hear the different takes on songs (ie: covers) but not AFD.
If I were 8 yrs old, then it`d be different

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer