You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Furbush wrote:

what really bakes my noodle is: How are these other forums gonna handle when magazine reviews come out before release? Rolling Stone and shit...?
ignore them too?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

what really bakes my noodle is: How are these other forums gonna handle when magazine reviews come out before release? Rolling Stone and shit...?
ignore them too?

I do agree that the other forums handling of this situation is a bit bizarre, and will continue to be bizarre when real leaks and reviews continue to surface in the coming days/weeks.

Luckily, there are still a couple sites for fans to discuss what they choose to discuss. I prefer catering to the people who make this community what it is instead of catering to the possibility of Beta, Del, Fernando,etc. emailing me. Thankfully I don't give two shits about such things. Agendas don't give me an erection.

The site has no desire at attempting to get close to the GNR camp. If we did, the site would lose its identity.

Sky Dog wrote:

fully convinced this is a badass album......thanks James! New itro to Rhiad is killer, new solo is damn good as well. If The World is more rocked up. I am one happy camper right now. God knows I pray they clean up Maddy....especially the vocals.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

ignore them too?

I do agree that the other forums handling of this situation is a bit bizarre, and will continue to be bizarre when real leaks and reviews continue to surface in the coming days/weeks.

Luckily, there are still a couple sites for fans to discuss what they choose to discuss. I prefer catering to the people who make this community what it is instead of catering to the possibility of Beta, Del, Fernando,etc. emailing me. Thankfully I don't give two shits about such things. Agendas don't give me an erection.

The site has no desire at attempting to get close to the GNR camp. If we did, the site would lose its identity.

And that post deserves major kudos.  9:beer::mosh::buckethead:

gjuarez23
 Rep: 2 

gjuarez23 wrote:

can i get the 3 new leaks with riad and such?

James

James wrote:

Yeah after hearing this louder there are definitely differences. More guitar and that solo has indeed been changed. Totally unnecessary. Look forward to the intro being added to the 07 leak.

Sky Dog wrote:

Mother Goose is ALL over this record....maybe more prevelant than any one player outside of Axl.

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Mother Goose is ALL over this record....maybe more prevelant than any one player outside of Axl.

Yeah, it looks like Pitman and Bucket played a huge role in the development of this record. I remember years ago how we all assumed Axl would get sole writing credit on the tracks. Shockingly, we were wrong. 14

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

fully convinced this is a badass album......thanks James! New itro to Rhiad is killer, new solo is damn good as well. If The World is more rocked up. I am one happy camper right now. God knows I pray they clean up Maddy....especially the vocals.

The new solo isn't bad, I just think the change was unnecessary. It does nothing to elevate the song from what it was.

Yeah, Maddy needs an overhaul.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Madagascar never turned me on when I heard a studio version for the first time. I loved the 2002, 2006 live versions, didn't care for the demoish 2001 version.

However, the vocal is horrible. It was better with a cleaner voice. It needs more flow..to me it feels all over.

Board footer