You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: Freeze on New Accounts poll

strat0 wrote:

Title says it all. Yay or Nay.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No. I don't see the point. Do we think people will sign up just to get the album when it leaks next week?

Who cares? Just don't send anyone anything unless they've been here a while. Self-police it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I say no.

I can choose who i pm and who i ignore.

I really don't see what the point is freezing new sign ups,if a person comes here just for leaks then it should be up to whoever wants to share it if they actually share it or not,but freezing new sign ups would have people saying this site has turned all exclusive,but whatever.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Why would we close our membership? If they come for leaks then let them come through some stick around and some don't. The ones that do usually make good additions to the site.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Now that the noob(me) got the antinoob rant outta his system...
Fuck it man.. let them in.. it doesn't make a whole hell of alot of sense to close membership for a couple of lea...ooops.. weeks...
This is the warmest board i've ever been a member of, and if someone comes here and asks for a pm just to break the ice... so be it. if they're legit.. they'll get the hookup..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Closing down registrations has been considered. In fact, guests actually see something regarding this below the banners....

GNREVOLUTION.COM is currently considering locking down new memberships in preparation for the release of Chinese Democracy. If you have intentions of joining in our discussions we suggest you register as soon as possible.

Our lockdown may only be a temporary measure to ensure that the level of quality remains consistent with previous months.

That isn't a statement used as bait to draw in sign ups. Its a legitimate possibility at some point. However, IF it ever happens, the release of music will have nothing to do with the decision. The trigger will be pulled because it would be in the best interests of the current community to have registrations disabled. Long time forum members will probably never forget the influx of noobs at sites in 2006 when the leaks happened. Not gonna persecute all those noobs as there were quiet a few people on these sites I like from that time, but the influx certainly hurt the quality of those sites to the point where a lot of long time members stopped posting. What had once been 100 page threads of interesting discussion at sites turned into 50 page threads consisting of quite a bit of garbage and having to separate wheat from a ton of chaff.

We've also considered making this site a 'premium members' only site that would require a small fee to register. Not that we need the money, but trolls usually stay away from sites that require them to pay to post their bullshit. Most people wont pay for the privilege of being banned.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, that option isn't likely and if implemented, would exclude current members from having to 'pay dues'.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

so, if it's a quality control thing, guys.. go for it

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well you're a perfect example why we shouldnt close memberships tyler....we dont wanna keep out potentially excellent members wink

Axelle01
 Rep: 3 

Axelle01 wrote:

I agree to keep it open.. I would just be carefull when ppl ask for leaks or whatever over PM. If they are new you don't know them which could bring trouble for you or the site.

Board footer