You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Chinese Democracy First Video Coming Soon

Furbush wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe someone wearing a "Where's Buckethead?" sign.

"he's in my ass, that's where buckethead is... fuckhead.. go home!" 14

ps.. thanks bri

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Wasn't there a rumor that they had already shot a video in like 2002 or something like that?

But I am with Von on this. I want to see a major video. Showcase the band as just that a band. Maybe someone wearing a "Where's Buckethead?" sign.

Something about filming a video in China for CiTR...

Its in the huge Chinese Whispers thread.....

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

A video in China? Was in 2002 right?

I hope to see to Buckethead in the video, a live footage or a "War theme" concept

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Semantics of how you would do it aside, What do you even do with videos anymore?  I kow VH1 still does a countdown show, but that's about it.  Do you spend the money to put it together just hoping for a shitload of youtube hits?  Or do they still play videos on tv in other countries?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

I for one don't want a live video, cut and paste or otherwise. If this album is Axl taking his Illusions to 11, then I want videos that blow even the "trilogy" out of the water.

The dude jumped off a fuckin' freight ship.

How does he top that?

Jump out of a jet in mid-air?

Then get sucked into the turbine, get incenerated, and then reform on the other end, before safely landing on the ground....

Wait a minute, that isn't half bad... 22

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Semantics of how you would do it aside, What do you even do with videos anymore?  I kow VH1 still does a countdown show, but that's about it.  Do you spend the money to put it together just hoping for a shitload of youtube hits?  Or do they still play videos on tv in other countries?

There are whole channels dedicated to playing videos. Mostly sat channels but they have a large audience

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Wasn't there a rumor that they had already shot a video in like 2002 or something like that?

But I am with Von on this. I want to see a major video. Showcase the band as just that a band. Maybe someone wearing a "Where's Buckethead?" sign.

Something about filming a video in China for CiTR...

Its in the huge Chinese Whispers thread.....

Which leads to a question - how do we go from 'Catcher' as a talked about song, possibly a single, with a video - to may or may not be on the album, and then on the album? Was the talk about a Catcher single or video just smoke? Was this during the '2000 Intentions' title phase (did that exist?).

I'm reminded of an Evening With Kevin Smith where he talks about shooting a movie for Prince. Prince's producer/personal assistant said she's done dozens and dozens of projects/videos for Prince - none of them have seen the light of day. He just makes things. Maybe there's a ton of things we won't ever see because time slipped away and circumstances change.

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

When a video turns up I pray (and I know, there won't be) it has a sign somewhere in the background:

"Where's Everybody?"

JKL
 Rep: 0 

JKL wrote:
echrisl wrote:

When a video turns up I pray (and I know, there won't be) it has a sign somewhere in the background:

"Where's Everybody?"

Indeed and maybe there could be a guy, with a blond curly hair eating popcorn, standing somewhere in the crowd holding a sign that says;

"I'm broke, i want a reunion!"

wady
 Rep: 2 

wady wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I was looking at this site which I believe the domain name is owned by GN'R.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.co.uk/

It says video coming soon and it got me thinking, how exactly are they going to shoot a video - who will be in it.

If they can't get Finck to play ball and assuming they haven't been able to talk Buckethead into coming back, then who will be seen playing what parts.  Would they just use Ron and Fortus?  Also would Frank be the drummer.  I know these are questins we all want answers to, but it must be problematic for when they sit down and try and shoot a video.

On a seperate note have there been any UK fans from this board that have submitted an air guitar video to try and win the listening party?

The domain is owned by Universal Music

Domain name:
chinesedemocracy.co.uk

Registrant:
Universal Music Operations Limited

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
364-366
Kensington High Street
London
W14 8NS