You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Chinese Democracy First Video Coming Soon

Aussie wrote:

I was looking at this site which I believe the domain name is owned by GN'R.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.co.uk/

It says video coming soon and it got me thinking, how exactly are they going to shoot a video - who will be in it.

If they can't get Finck to play ball and assuming they haven't been able to talk Buckethead into coming back, then who will be seen playing what parts.  Would they just use Ron and Fortus?  Also would Frank be the drummer.  I know these are questins we all want answers to, but it must be problematic for when they sit down and try and shoot a video.

On a seperate note have there been any UK fans from this board that have submitted an air guitar video to try and win the listening party?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

All valid questions, and certainly the situation has put them in a bind. First video is key since it cements the new lineup in the public's conscience. Potentially half the people on the songs wont even be in the video.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they take the easy way out by using 06-07 tour footage, and maybe even splice in some 01-02 footage of Bucket.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

A cut and paste video to go with a cut and paste album...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

James is right.

It'll be concept based, and when the band is shown it'll be stock footage from 2006-07 only imo, if that's the band they are trying to market (I say that very loosely).

This won't be an obstacle for them at all, and it'll just smack of laziness if that's the route they go, ala what deadsouth said.

Cut and paste album = cut and paste videos.

Considering the fact that during the Illusion days, they had songs turned into videos that featured Izzy on rhythm, but the video showed Gilby playing.

So they'll have no issue with showing Ron playing Bucket, Richard playing Paul, and Frank playing Brain imo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They might have already shot a video a while back while on tour.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That would be even sadder.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Aussie wrote:

On a seperate note have there been any UK fans from this board that have submitted an air guitar video to try and win the listening party?

As tempting as it is, I think I'll pass on this one.

Unless I'm allowed to do it naked with our URL tattoo'ed across my arse? 19

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The entire post 2004 GNR is sad. But I'll take a video.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I for one don't want a live video, cut and paste or otherwise. If this album is Axl taking his Illusions to 11, then I want videos that blow even the "trilogy" out of the water.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Wasn't there a rumor that they had already shot a video in like 2002 or something like that?

But I am with Von on this. I want to see a major video. Showcase the band as just that a band. Maybe someone wearing a "Where's Buckethead?" sign.

Board footer