You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

Re: Axl No. 64 In Rolling Stone Greatest Singers List

JordanRose wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/covers … 72/page/64

Nice little piece. Never heard the Slash quote before. IMO, Democracy automatically shifts Axl into the top 50 and more albums should push him higher. Admittedly it's a totally populist list but hey.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Cool. Thanks for posting. You see really see the influence in Buckcherry's lead singer and Linkin Park's as they mentioned.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Yeah but I've never heard Manson mention Axl as an influence. He mentioned meeting Axl backstage at a gig a few years ago and said Axl was nuts and just went on about his mental problems. Besides, Manson sounds nothing like Axl; he has absolutely no range.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I didn't quite understand that one either. The dude from Avenged Sevenfold is like a wanna be Axl. Even wears the bandana under the one size fits all baseball hat.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Manson has no range whatsoever and called Axl "a flake." M. Shadows is a wannabe Vince Neil. Chester Bennington sounds nothing like Axl. Period.

Josh Todd is cool and I see the influence there.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm not saying I like these guys but Chester's rasping screams fit the Axl model. Clean singing then breaks out into a shriek. Shadows is so trying to be like Axl with his style and singing now a days at least from my point of view.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Shadows, Todd and Chester- you can definently see the Axl influence in those 3.

I like Shadows way of singing.  To me, he took metal singers and threw Axl in there. 

And even if i don't like Linkin Park, you can't deny that Chester is a good singer.  If he had been in a better band, he could have been something bigger than what he is.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't really care about these lists since they are different from month to month, and mostly full of shit. Axl isn't the best singer (technically), although I think he'd have deserved a better position, since he is probably the best frontman ever.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl isn't the best singer (technically), although I think he'd have deserved a better position, since he is probably the best frontman ever.

i'd have to say freddie mercury is the best. axl is my favorite but i don't think he's the best. but it's all a matter of opinion. exactly like this rehased top from rolling stone.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Elvis was the king ans it ain't for nothing man.  I agree that Freddy Mercury was great perhaps better than Axl but Elvis is the man.  My top 5 would be way different to that list.

Board footer