You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: "Guns N' Roses: Is It All Over? Does Anyone Care?"

shotgunblues, sensible since 1978, best poster in this thread.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ha, ha, ha, oh. Yes.

This is your cue, what are you waiting for?

I love this place. Woo-hoo!

Captain Winkler

oh dear, oh my, 90 million albums sold, is that since the turn of the 21st century? like the bulk of greenday's albums? or is the majority of those sales figures comprised in the 80's and 90's?

GNR ARE AS ACTIVE AND MAINSTREAM AS NICKELBACK, THEY HAVE RELEASED CONSECUTIVE HIT ALBUMS OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS AND FOR THEM NOT TO TOP THE HOT 100 IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

'i is i intelligent, cuz if i says u is from jarmo it gives the impression us is dumb but in reality i is ze stuupid one, YIPPEE!'

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

2 points...first i believe the argument was that rock songs don't get airplay on pop radio as much as they did back in the late 80's.  the argument was not that rock songs are never pop hits.  it still happens, just not as often.

second, it is a big deal that chi dem is a rock radio smash. it does not matter who you are, having a hit single is a big deal.  people don't expect gnr to have a pop hit.  they expect them to have a rock hit...and they do.  will that translate into album sales?  who knows?  only time will tell.  the only thing we can gauge right now is the single and that is doing quite well.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

Captain Winkler wrote:

oh dear, oh my, 90 million albums sold, is that since the turn of the 21st century? like the bulk of greenday's albums? or is the majority of those sales figures comprised in the 80's and 90's?

GNR ARE AS ACTIVE AND MAINSTREAM AS NICKELBACK, THEY HAVE RELEASED CONSECUTIVE HIT ALBUMS OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS AND FOR THEM NOT TO TOP THE HOT 100 IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

'i is i intelligent, cuz if i says u is from jarmo it gives the impression us is dumb but in reality i is ze stuupid one, YIPPEE!'

Actually oh wise one from HTGTH Green Day's biggest album aside from AI was released in 1994.GNR have sold millions of albums in the last five years just look at the sales for Greatest Hits.

Captain Winkler

millions yes, the bulk of that 90 million? no, 4 million from greatest hits as well as a maybe 2 million from AFD sales since the year 2000 doesnt really equate to a high percentage of that 90 million does it?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wink doing what he does best...

Douche'n up a thread.

Captain Winkler

giving the thread a sense of reality

that's how i like to phrase it.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Hey, Wink might be overtly positive and a little too confrontational at times

But he's no more of a dick than many of the guys who are complete, over the top dicks who hate Axl and get a free pass and have for years

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

giving the thread a sense of reality

that's how i like to phrase it.

Beautiful comeback. 16

Board footer